12

You spent a few times hanging out together with Jin and Jisoo. Jisoo was a nice and friendly person, making you feel comfortable around her. And behind her beautiful-glam style, she was actually quite silly too, you really had fun hanging out with her.

You remembered she had told you that she liked traditional art, so on this weekend, you invited Jisoo and Jin to go together to the lantern festival at Cheonggyecheon Stream. It was an annual festival held every autumn here in Seoul, and it was famous for its iconic themes and colorful ambience. 

"Ya... These are all very beautiful." Jisoo said while looking at the various lantern shapes along the street.

"Wow look at that, it's very detailed, a true craftsmanship." She said again, taking a closer look at one of the amazing gigantic lanterns there.

"And the color combination, it really makes the light inside pop out." She said, couldn't stop admiring all the lanterns there.

"Here comes Professor Jisoo, master of the traditional art." Jin said, smiling teasingly at her, making you chuckle at them.

"Aish... You silly, you need to respect the hard work behind these arts, you know ?" She said annoyedly, looking at Jin and you who couldn't stop laughing at her.

"Lanterns are one of the ancient arts that we have to preserve for our next generation. Do you guys know that ancient people used to hang lanterns in front of their doors to drive away evil spirits ?" She said again, ignoring both of your laughs.

"Okay, okay, professor, keep your lecture for later," Jin said after his laughs subsided, "For now, let's just have a walk and enjoy the scenery, will you ?" He grinned innocently to Jisoo who was still looking at him annoyedly.

"Aish, c'mon Jisoo, there's still a long way to go." You said, smiling at her while grabbing her arms and taking her with you to walk along the street.

The three of you walked and chatted for a while when suddenly Jin stopped at one of the trees there, looking at a mother and her crying son whose toy lantern got stuck at one of the tree's branches.

Jin walked towards them, telling you and Jisoo to wait for a while. You looked at him who was talking to the crying son, trying to cheer him up. And with his tall figure, he easily grabbed the toy lantern from the branch, and gave it to the boy who was now cheering happily.

You looked at him, thinking to yourself how he was always so caring with others, even with the one he didn't know.

"He's such a gentleman, isn't he ?" Jisoo said, looking at you, snapping you from your thoughts.

You just smiled at her, and she continued her words.

"He's always so nice, just like his brother." She said, "And he loves children, just like his dad." She chuckled.

"I think all the people in his family love children. You know, his dad even once told me that he's so ready to be a grandpa." Jisoo said again.

"You seem very close to his family," You said, thinking of how Jin's father even talked about future grandchild with her, she must be so close to his family.

"Yes I am, me and Jin's brother are..." 

"Hey, look what I got for you guys." Jin suddenly came back with hot snacks in his hands, "Steamed sweet potatoes, you guys want ?" He said again, offering the snacks for you and Jisoo.

"What are you guys talking about ?" He said as you and Jisoo took some sweet potatoes from the paper bag and ate them.

"We're talking about you and your family." You said, took a bite of the sweet potato.

"Aish you girls, always gossiping about some handsome men." He said, smirked teasingly at you both.

"Haha, you wished." Jisoo scoffed at him as you all laughed and walked again along the street, enjoying the festival.

But you were still thinking about what Jisoo had said, that she was close to his family.

How close was it, actually ?

Were she and Jin really more than just friends ?

***