'Monsters'

TW: Panic attacks, Tommy making me fucking cry while writing this.
Let me know if I've missed any.

-Includes headcannons.

The picture has no correlation to the chapter btw I was just proud of it.

Wilbur walked past Tommy's door. A familiar sound of soft crying came from his room.
He knew Tommy had warned him not to go in after what had happened; I mean, there was literally a sign on his door, but he couldn't leave him like this. Despite everything, he did still care about Tommy.

Wilbur slowly creaked open the door and poked his head in. He quickly saw Tommy's red tear-stained face turn away from him, saying something that sounded like, 'go away.'
Honestly? Wilbur's heart broke. He walked in fully now and quietly shut the door as to not startle Tommy anymore with loud noises. He didn't turn any lights on, leaving the dim red nightlight by Tommy's bed his only source of direction as to where he was going. Luckily, he had walked in this room so many times, and knew how to get to Tommy's bed; with or without light.

He walked over to Tommy's bed and sat next to him. He tentatively put his hand on his shoulder, expecting Tommy's hand to reach out from under the red sheets and push his hand away. But to his surprise, Tommy relaxed slightly under his touch.

Tommy sighed and his breathing calmed down imperceptibly. He turned back over to Wilbur-who was now lying on his back, head turned towards Tommy with his right arm behind his head. His hand retracted away from Tommy as he moved, eyes still fixated on him with a brotherly panic, yet comforting look on his face.

Tommy looked at him gently, a scarce smile playing on his face.
Tommy's eyes glistened in the dark room. His eyes lit by the dim red light next to him. He looked so fragile, and Wilbur (now sat up) was scared to even go near him again, thinking he was going to break him again.
But Tommy (now sat up) leant his head on Wilbur's shoulder, and on instinct, Wilbur put him arm around Tommy's shoulder.

They sat like that for a few minutes before Wilbur heard soft breathing next to him as Tommy slowly fell asleep.
But not before whispering a gentle, 'thank you..'