Chapter 1

A New Member

It was early morning when i was awakened by a soft knocking at my door.

"It's me, are you awake, Lizzie?" it was Chris voice.

"Well, just now" I said with a sleepy voice then Chris came in.

"Come on, today is your first day, you need to get up now, or do you want to be late on your first day?" he said in a friendly and calm voice.

"Okay, okay, I'm coming. I'm just going to take a quick shower."

"Good, while you're taking a shower, I'll get breakfast prepared." Chris was smiling at me.

"Oh, thank you, I will hurry!" While I was taking a shower, there were so many things going through my mind. How will my first day as a member The Alpha Team of the B.S.A.A. go? What will be my first mission? Will I screw up everything?

"Lizzie, don't stress yourself. You made it this far on your own! Have a little faith in yourself!" Chris saying this last night. I'm still really nervous, even with Chris as my captain. Today I will meet the other Alpha Team members for the first time. What will they think of me?

"Lizzie, breakfast is ready!" Chris was calling from the kitchen.

"I'm almost done!" I answered while I was drying my hair. After I dried my hair and put my clothes, I went down to the kitchen. Chris made my favourite breakfast, Pancakes with maple syrup. Man, he knows how to cheer me up a bit. Claire was also already sitting at the table eating her portion. Yeah, I'm living with the Redfield's. And why am I living with them? Back to the Raccoon City incident, I've lost all my whole family and friends. I was all alone, a 9 year old girl. Leon and Claire saved my life then. We've became friends. Chris and Claire offered that I can live with them since I had no place to go. After I was saved and had a new home, I had so much hate with all those bio terroristic stuff. My wish was to join Chris in his mission with fighting it. He was training me since I was 16 years old. He refused to train me earlier. At least he wanted me to grow up like a normal child for a while. I finished my breakfast and was washing up the dishes. Then, Chris and I were heading out to the HQ for the mission briefing. As we arrived there, all the other Alpha team members were waiting in front of the mission briefing hall. Chris took the occasion to introduce me to the other members.

"Men, this is Lizzie Smith. From today on she is a member of our Alpha Team. Be nice to her!" I looked at Chris and I got a little flushed. The men saluted and started to introduce themselves.

"Hello, my name is Finn Macaulay. It's very nice to meet you!"

"Hi, I'm Andy."

"And I'm Ben."

"..." The last one was silent. He was looking at me and his arms were crossed.

"And this grumpy guy over there is Piers Nivans. Don't take it personal, he is always like this. Actually his is a nice guy." Chris explained. Well, I think can ignore this for now. The others seem to be friendly. Mission briefing s over, the flight goes tomorrow at 7a.m to Alaska, and so we have the rest of the day off. This isn't going to be a big mission, since the team does have 2 rookies in their round, Finn and Me. The men decided to go to a bar.

"Come with us, and then you can get to know us a bit better for the future missions?" And was asking me.

"Sure, why not!" I agreed and we all went to the next bar. Since we will be on a mission tomorrow, we're only allowed to drink non-alcoholic drinks. We ordered a meal and something to drink. The mood was beginning to be a bit reluctant, as the men were also a little but shy going out with a woman in their round. They were careful with conversation topics, because of me, so they won't scare or disgust me. But after a little while, we started to talk about everything and were about to get to know each other better, especially for me it's a good thing. Sure, I know Chris best from all here, though I'm living with him under the same roof since years ago. Even Piers was a bit more active, although he was always staring at me when I wasn't looking. We all talked about our interest, future, and a little bit about our pasts and were laughing. It was quite funny to hang out with them. Outside it began to get dark, so we had to go to our hotel rooms to get some sleep. Because we were 6 people, we were put into 3 double rooms. Everyone was sharing a room with another one. We were put together randomly by our Captain Redfield. Himself with Andy, Finn with Ben, and then there is Piers, I'm going to share a room with this strange guy.