Chapter 8

December 24, 2012 - Edonia, Eastern Europe:

It has been 14 days now since the Christmas party. Since the big part of the B.S.A.A. crew were on vacation from about 15th December on, the Christmas party was set really early this year. We got called out for a mission on Christmas Eve. The mission was placed in Edonia, somewhere in Eastern Europe. All our men were composing around one of our fallen men. He got dragged up on a stretcher and some men were taking him away.

"He was running recon. Alone." Piers said to our captain, as he suddenly arrived.

It was sad to see how a dead body from one of your comrades got carried away.

"Listen up!" began Chris his speech. 

"In the B.S.A.A., our job is to rid the world of bioterrorism and the only way we're gonna do that is by sticking together!"

"Nobody's expandable!" included Piers. He was standing right next to Chris, since he was his second-in-command.

"Exactly. Now each and every one of you may be ready to die for our cause, but it's my job to make sure we all get through this alive."

There was a slight sobbing coming from the right of Piers. It was Finn, which had to handle with his feelings.

"Suck it up, Finn!" said then Piers to him.

"Sorry, sir." Finn apologized. Then he stood straight again and listened to his captain with a smile in his face.

"No one gets left behind, not on my watch, understood!"

"Yes Sir!" We were saluting to our captain.

Then Piers continued. "Finn, give us the update."

Finn projected the newest mission information and was giving some advices to it. After the speech of our captain and Finn, some of the men headed out. Finn, Piers, Chris and I were left behind. Then Chris came across to me and Finn.

"You two are still the rookies. I know, this is your second mission and the first mission didn't end very well for you, especially for you Lizzie. But don't worry. The teams got your back." Chris encouraged us.

"Thank you, I'll give this everything I got." Finn said.

Chris gave Finn a friendly shoulder tap. Then he looked at me and I nodded at him. Chris nodded back and was leaving us.

"Was he always this awesome?" Finn asked Piers. The sniper was only shaking his head to negative. Finn sank his head and went after Chris. Now there were only Piers and me left behind.

Piers and I were looking at each other. I only gave him a careless look then I moved out to catch up with the others. Piers was just gasping before he followed us then.

.......................................................

I've hadn't seen Piers the last days. Some days ago I wanted to get me something to eat and walked into the cafeteria of the B.S.A.A. And I saw Piers standing there right next to another girl. It was the new recruit, Bella. I usually didn't go jealous that fast but I was pressing my body behind a wall and was listening to them. However they were too far away, so I wasn't able to hear anything. I was looking around the corner, as I suddenly saw them two kissing. I couldn't see them clearly, but it was enough to recognize that they were kissing. I couldn't believe my eyes. How could Piers do that to me? This literally broke my heart and I ran away. Later the same day, I was laying on my bed at home and thinking about what I just saw in the morning. Why...How could he do that? I was questioning myself. The more I was thinking about it, the stronger I felt hurt. The doorbell rang, and then Chris was calling me.