Chapter 4

Final Check up

I opened my eyes, very slowly and I felt powerless. Still very sleepy I tried to realize what happened, as I recognize someone's head lying on my bed. He was sleeping very peaceful, his head laid in his arms crossed. It was Piers. What happened? Are Piers and me... what is real or was it a dream? Am I still dreaming? The handsome man began to move and seemed to wake up. He laid first on me and noticed that I was awake. He stood up straightaway and was taking my hand.

"Lizzie, you're finally awake!" he said relived.

"Why finally? How long was I out?" I asked him with a weak voice.

"You were out for about more than 4 weeks" Piers sank his head

"The doctor meant it would have been better for you to stay in a coma until your injury healed up. He put up the anaesthesia yesterday. He thought it should be okay now."

"What happened anyway? I was with you and I felt fine, you wanted to show me where I can get something to drink and from there I have no memory." I said horrified.

"I just want to lead us out of my room, and as I turned my head you were just about to collapse. Fortunately I was able to catch you in time, if you had hit the ground, your broken rips could have been stabbed your heart and you were dead. But when you were in my arms, your bandage was covering with blood. Somehow your wound was busted." Piers was explaining.

"So, you have saved my life again?" I put my hand on Piers.

"Thank you, Piers." I took his hand and gave a softly kiss on its back.

"You don't need to thank me. You are my girlfriend, I would save you anytime and with my own life!" Piers was stroking my head and was giving a smooth kiss on my forehead.

"I know, you've already proved that more than once." I was appreciating.

"I also would do the same to you!"

"I know sweetheart" Piers was smiling at me and was stroking my head.

"Well, since you are awake, I should get the doctor, so he can do the final check up on you." Piers stood up and gave me a little goodbye kiss on my left check.

"Ok, see you soon!" Piers was leaving my room. After the check-up Piers came in again.

"Aaaand? What did the doctor say?" Piers was waiting some good news?

"The doctor said that everything has healed nicely. But he told me not to attend missions for about other week. Just to make sure. But I can walk around" I was reporting to Piers. Suddenly Piers had a wide smile on his face.

"Finally some good news! And I also have some good news. Well, the captain is in knowledge about us two, and he gave me one week off, so I will be able to care for you."

"What? That's great!" I said surprised. Piers was taking me gently in his arms. I laid my arms around his neck and gave him a smooth kiss on his lips.

"So, what would you like to do for our first date?" Piers was me.

"Hmm, I don't know. But as long as I'm with you I'm happy." I was answering.