Chapter 11

June 30, 2013 - Ship:

I was slowly getting back my consciousness as I saw an enemy in a still blurred vision. He was about to attack Piers with a knife. I stood up on my feet and jumped on that J'avo. With my arms clutched around his neck, I broke it and threw him to the ground.

"Piers, are you ok?" I offered him my hand to help him get up.

"Yes, thanks." He said relived. Chris was also back with us and we continued the pursuit on Ada. We just saw her walking up the stairs and went after her. Arriving in an anteroom we heard Ada talking something through the speakers.

"Can you feel it spreading through your body yet? I'm just giving you exactly what you gave me, Simmons. At first you'll be afraid, but don't worry. You're just becoming the monster you always were. You and everyone else on this planet. You and you're family may have shaped the world into what it is today, but starting tomorrow, it's all going to change." What was Ada planning? We moved forward to the elevator and got to the next floor. Through the windows of the elevator we saw Ada.

"It's Ada!" Was Piers shouting. We rushed out of the elevator to get after her, but we were too late. Ada already vanished behind a locked door. When we went through the door, there were already some J'avos waiting for us. And we had again to take some of them down While we were fighting our way to Ada, we finally managed to corner her on the bridge. We were pointing our guns at her, so we would be ready to shoot if she would try to escape.

"Still haven't had enough, huh? Even losing all you men - again? With your track record I gotta say, I'd hate to be member of your team, Chris" tried Ada to piss off Chris.

"Don't listen to her, captain." Tried Piers to calm down Chris.

"But where are my manners? I mean really, I should be thanking your men... for being such good test subjects." This was too much for Chris, he snapped and shot the gun in her hand. It fell over the rail and vanished in the deep. But soon he pit himself together and was clearifying some things.

"Ever since Edonia, all I've wanted is to see you dead. But this isn't about vengeance, it's about justice. It's over, Ada."

"You're right, it is. The aircraft carrier is preparing for launch."

"Launch?" I was questioning.

"And the dead will flood the streets. Déjà-vu guys - Raccoon revisited. But this time, it won't just be one city. It'll be the whole world!" While Ada was revealing her evil plan, a helicopter arrived in the background. There was a sniper in it and he was aiming in our direction. Then the man shot and it hit Ada right in the chest. As the man was done with his work, the helicopter flew away. Ada was turning in our direction and said these last words. "But no one can stop it now..." Then she felt backwards into the deep and hit the ground.

"Damn it, what the hell just happened?" said Piers horrified. Piers noticed the suitcase Ada had left behind. It contained a syringe full of an enhanced strain of the C-Virus.

"This one looks like a different strain. There are two missing!"

"Just take what's left. We'll bring it back to HQ for analyses." Commanded Chris. Piers put the syringe in his back case as Chris was contacting HQ.

"This is Alpha Leader! I need report on the missing vessels, ASAP!"

"The city has been compromised, and we've lost contact with all local assets. We need more time." was HQ informing.

"We don't have it! The terrorist assault was just a diversion! The real attack will spread the virus globally!"

"Now what?" I was questioning.