A Maid's Fantasy (Dido X M.Reader)

A/N: ♫︎ Is this real life~? Or just Fantasy~? ♪

================

In a far away land, lies a Kingdom that rules over other neighboring Kingdom, the Azur Lane Kingdom, this Kingdom is rule by a king and a queen with their son, the Prince, the Azur Lane Kingdom have been built over 5,000 years ago by the ancestors of the King, there's also other Kingdoms examples are the Eagle Union Kingdom, Sakura Empire, Ironblood Empire, and many more.

In the Azur Lane Kingdom, lies the prince. (Y/N) (L/N). He was the son of the king and queen, and today was a special day because the King has arranged an event for his son, this event is for all kingdoms and empires to Join. You're wondering what the event is? Well, the princesses of many kingdoms and empires will come to visit the Azur Lane Kingdom to have a chance to marry the prince.

Prince (Y/N) wasn't your normal prince, no, no. (Y/N) is best at everything. Swordsmanship? He can beat many enemies at once while blindfolded, Education? He has an IQ of 200. Handsomeness? He's basically an angel, but despite all of this. He is still single, that's why his father hosted this event.

(Y/N) can be seen on the throne between his father and mother. He had a bored expression because he had been listening to many females trying to convince him to marry them. They were some nice ones, but there's also those arrogant ones.

Akagi: Prince (Y/N)! I, Akagi of the Sakura Empire, wish to marry you! Akagi gave everything to my sweet prince! Please marry Akagi and not these pests.

Akagi gave a death glare at the other females inside the throne room. They glared back at Akagi. (Y/N) sighed, truth to be told. (Y/N) already had a crush, it's one of their maids inside the castle named Dido. She and (Y/N) grew up together and developed feelings for each other, but one day. (Y/N) confessed to Dido about his feelings for her, but she denied him due to fearing the King might punish (Y/N) for liking a "lowlife" maid like her.

(Y/N): You have a nice introduction, but I will think about it.

Akagi: Okay…

Akagi moved to the side, so other girls could do their own introduction in front of the prince. Some introductions were basic and simple enough, but some were… Uhh questionable, the Author doesn't want his readers to read those introductions.

(Y/N): Father?

King: Yes, my son.

(Y/N): Can't I choose who I want to marry?

King: That is why. I hosted this event.

(Y/N): I mean, like. I want to marry someone who isn't royalty or a noblewoman from another kingdom.

King: No son. You have to marry someone from another Kingdom or Empire, this marriage can straighten the relationship of the kingdom or empire. You choose.

(Y/N): Okay…

The event went on until evening. (Y/N) is walking to his room to lay down on his bed after a long day of hearing females want to marry him. (Y/N) entered his room then closed the door. He walked to his bed then laid down.

(Y/N): What a day… I wish I could marry Dido instead of these princesses and noblewomen…

(Y/N) lets out a sigh of tiredness and stress. He closed his eyes for a few minutes until he heard the door open. He opened his eyes and slightly lifted his eyes to see who opened his room door, it was Dido.

(Y/N): Dido? What are you doing here?

Dido: Ah..! My prince..! Head maid Belfast told me that you're quite tired, so she told me to help you relax.