17) The Other Boy (Fluff) Newt

(Warning: There is a very brief and subtle mention of *ahem*. It does not go in detail at all and is very vague, so I put this as fluff. These are all made up characters except for people who might be in the story like Newt, Harriet, and Sonya. I also don't know some of Group B's terminology, so sometimes I will just use the Group A equivalent. )

    I was just the average girl in Group B. The only thing not average about me was my looks. My beautiful h/c hair shined and my e/c eyes sparkled with beauty. My s/c skin was soft, smooth, and shiny. However, I had a job like everyone else, a hope to get out like everyone else, and a hopeless crush on the only boy in the Field.

   Newt was my best friend. I never let on my feelings for him because why on Earth would he pick me when 50 other girls in the Field were out there? They all wanted him, so why would he pick me, his only established friend? And his best friend? I would never stand a chance.

   After about a month, he got a girlfriend anyways. Her name was Rosa. She was fairly tall, long legs, skinny, long black hair, and shimmering amber eyes. Of course he would go for her. She was beautiful, popular, and the standard "mean girl". Trust me, she was horrible when nobody was looking. Actually, more like when no boy was looking.

   They had been dating for a few weeks since they got together maybe a few days or a week after Greenie day and today was Greenie Day. I woke up as usual in my hammock to Newt. He was sitting up in his hammock and leaning over to shake me.

"Y/N! Wake up!"

I groaned and rubbed my eyes.

"Come on! It's Greenie Day!"

     I sat up in my hammock and put my face in my hands. I was always excited for Greenie Day, but last night I just got less sleep than usual. I was still pretty tired. I got out of bed and went to get my brush to tame this mop I called my hair. Newt watched me as I ran my brush through my hair and put it in a ponytail. The Greenie alarm sounded.

    I followed Newt to the Elevator and watched two girls open it. Rosa suddenly came next to Newt and wrapped her arm through his. I rolled my eyes and decided to just focus on the Greenie. A boy was huddled in the corner. He had brown hair and tan skin. He looked fairly tall. I couldn't see his face because it was buried in his knees.

   "It's another boy!"

    "Yes!"

    "I call this one!"

    I looked over and Newt looked pleased to see another boy he could have as a friend instead of just girls. Rosa looked at him evilly. What is her problem? She already has a boyfriend, I thought. Seriously, is she okay? She already has the most amazing boy she could ever ask for that she does not deserve but she's still eyeing this one. I was disgusted by her actions.

    Rosa immediately was the one to jump in the Elevator, of course.

   "Hi," she said in her overly high pitched annoying voice. "This is the Field. I'll help you out."

    She always was so fake nice it was sickening sometimes. Newt really didn't deserve her.

    He raised his head up slowly. He was really hot, but that didn't mean anything. He had beautiful blue eyes.

    Rosa held out her hand and he took it as he stood up. She looked up at him a bit with already some type of affection. He climbed out of the Elevator and she did as well. She was starting to give him the tour.   Newt and I headed to the Gardens.

    "Do you like that there's a new boy here?" I asked.

    "Yeah. It'll be great to have another boy here. He seems nice."