4) The Prank (Fluff) Newt

(Y/N's POV)

   Ever since I had come up in the Box a week ago, Minho, Thomas, and I had always been the trio. They were my best friends, and we had so much fun together. We would prank people, talk a lot, joke, etc.

   "You know what we should do?" Minho asked.

   "What?" Me and Thomas replied.

   "We should prank someone!"

    "Who?" I asked.

    "Newt!" Minho exclaimed.

   We all looked at each other.

   "What would we do?" Thomas questioned.

    Everyone paused to come up with something good.

   "I have an idea!" I claimed. "What if I put charcoal in my mouth to make the inside of my mouth black and then spit it out and pretend to faint?"

   Minho put his finger to his mouth in thought and then started to smile and nod. He high fived me and Thomas laughed.

   "Okay!" Minho agreed. "You'll do that in the Gardens and me and Thomas will watch from somewhere. This is gonna be good!"

   "Alright. I'll go get the charcoal. You guys get in position."

   I walked away as they nodded.

   (Minho's POV)

  "This is great! They'll finally get together!" I said. "When he shows Y/N he cares so much she'll tell him her feelings and then we can all stop waiting for them to admit their love. They're such oblivious little idiots."

   "I agree. It's going pretty annoyingly slow," Thomas replied.

   We laughed as we watched the clueless Y/N on her way to finally speed it up with Newt.

   (Y/N's POV)

   I had gotten the charcoal and bit a bit off before letting it stay in my mouth. I had done that before I was fully there with Newt, and I wiped my mouth to make sure nothing was coming out. I knew it was good for your teeth, so that was an added bonus. I also had a little water in my pocket for when I needed to rinse it out immediately after because swallowing charcoal isn't optimal.

   (Third Person POV)

   Thomas and Minho were already in their positions and giggling. Y/N looked back at them and gave them a thumbs up and gave a close lipped smile. She walked to Newt.

   "Hey," she muttered.

   "Hey," Newt looked at her face which she had painted a look of sickness on. "What's wrong? Are you okay?"

   Y/N looked at him with a bit of fear. She let some of the black substance dribble down her chin and Newt's eyes grew wide.

   "Newt?" She asked and stumbled. She then closed her eyes and let herself fall. Newt caught her and gently lay her on the ground while shaking her and talking in a panic. Minho and Thomas stifled their giggles at her amazing performance. Even they would have believed it.

   "Y/N? Love, wake up! Y/N!"

   He looked around frantically before taking his arms from her and letting some tears fall from his face. All of the sudden, Y/N started giggling and turned her head to spit some charcoal out.

   "Pranked!"

   Newt looked at her with the most disapproving face. She had never seen him look so... mad, was it?

   (Y/N's POV)

   I could tell that to him this prank went a little bit too far for him. My smile dropped, and I just stared at him, hoping he wouldn't be too upset with me z His jaw clenched and he picked me up and threw me over his back.

   "Hey!" I shouted.

   He just continued carrying me as I looked back and saw Minho and Thomas. They both gave me a thumbs up and laughed.

   Newt carried me all the way to my hut until he finally sat me down on my bed.

   "Can I wash this out of my mouth, now? If I swallow it I might get poisoned."

   "You think that was funny? I genuinely thought that you were stung or something was seriously wrong!"

   "Thanks... I guess?"

   He paced around the room and frustratedly ran his fingers through his blonde hair. I watched and put some water in my mouth before spitting it out into the trash can.

   "Do you know how worried I was? That was not funny at all, Y/N!"

   I sat there silently swinging my legs. I nervously looked down as he glared at me.

   "Well...at least I didn't let it go too far..."

   "Too far? That was already way too far! Bloody hell, how do you think I felt when the girl I love is passing out with black stuff coming from her mouth?"

   "I don't- wait! Hold up, I must have misheard. The 'girl you love'?"

   Newt immediately blushed despite his angry face and ran more fingers through his hair.

   "Umm... uh..."

   I smiled and stood up.

  "I love you too."