[Chapter:11]

(Warning): mentions of self-doubt and sad thoughts and cringe

Sam pov:1 week later

I was sitting in my office when I couldn't get the thought of y/n out of my head.

She was amazing.

It drove me crazy, I wasn't sure how to feel, I am a half-breed of human and creeper after all.

I don't know how to understand these feelings I have, I felt like I was going insane.

I rested my head on my hand remembering I had to feed Dream today.

I got up from my seat grabbing some potatoes out of a chest and heading to Dream's cell.

I still haven't figured out how to fix the machine that automatically feeds him, but for now, I can do it manually.

When I made it to his cell I pulled down the levers and stepped on the platform.

When I got over the wall wasn't up as he sat there staring at the wall blankly.

"Dream," I said coldly.

My face was serious, he turned and faced me with a wide smile plastered on his face.

"Sam... why haven't you fed me in a week?" He asked moping.

"You know that's what happens when you misbehave, now come here."

He stood up making his way over to where I was grabbing the potatoes out of my hand.

I watched as he went over placing the potatoes on his bed looking back at me, "you want to know why I stopped caring for everything?" He asked.

The question surprised me but I didn't move or indicate at all that it affected me.

I was quite curious though so I nodded.

His smile widened even further as he turned his body towards me sitting down.

I stood standing clutching my trident as he stared at me before speaking.

"I realized, unlike everyone else on this server, that if I cared for anyone or anything, I would eventually lose it."

He scanned me before continuing, "so I cut strings and stopped caring, of course, you know all about that Sam."

I felt confused, "don't act like that," he said, "you used to never care what happened to anyone, that is until she came along."

I had a strong idea of who he was talking about, but I was hoping not.

"Sam, I know how to get to you, everyone is one of my puppets part of my show. I pull the strings, and I control how the story ends."

I shook my head, "that's not true-"

"But it is," he interrupted.

"Y/n... you care about her, the cold, ruthless warden has fallen head over heels for a girl with a mysterious past."

He had that insanity in his eye again, but it didn't scare me.