01

(y/n) - your name

(y/n) - your name

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I sighed as I walked down the busy streets, my hoodie pulled over my head tight while music blasted through my ears. I ignored the people around me and the sounds of the busy streets as I just tried to get home-well, what now was my new home.

It had been a couple weeks since I dropped back in my universe and I still haven't adjusted. I wasn't back home, I was now living in New York for some reason. I was on a completely different continent. I didn't know where I worked, I didn't know anyone, didn't recognise any names that were in my contacts. I didn't know anything here, lost from the missing four years of knowledge of the world that left me behind. I had no one, not my friends or my family...

The only few things that were the same were my laptop and my passwords. Even the new phone wasn't the same one I owned 4 years back. I spent the entire day trying to figure out my life now, searching up pay slips on my emails and scouring through text messages on my laptop and my phone.

I wasn't friends with my old high school friends, I didn't even follow them on Instagram. It was like this was a completely different new life... one where I actually planned when I wanted to disappear...

A fresh start... a clean slate... and I was so alone...

I had Five, I had our family and now I had no one I knew.

I figured out where I worked, an Event service employee at some major event company. That was what I was studying so I guess I got my foot into the industry as I hoped I would. It was so hard getting back into work, to realise I worked with an event team that handled so many different artist clients for music events. I had no clue what I was doing, a lost child in an adult body that wasn't hers anymore

It was fine... pay was actually really good.

And yet my apparent fear of driving was non-existent in this world? I had a car and a license but I was terrified of getting into it. It didn't help that I was born and raised on a country where we drive on the left but here every drove on the right. I was avoiding the road for the life of me.

I tugged on my hoodie tighter as the summer winds blew over me badly, sweating from the heat of the weather and muttering angrily as to why I lived so far from my work. It was dangerous walking at night hence the hoodie.

I have to drive even if it kills me...

I sigh in the quick bliss of a coffee shop door opening and close and I let the intrusive thoughts win to just grab something cold to drink instead of going home. I settled in a booth by the window, enjoying the cool AC and paying for an extra cold oreo shake. I thank the waiter as he passed me my shake, sitting back in the booth as I watched people walk by on the streets outside, fiddling with my Umbrella necklace. I close my eyes, imagining Five was with me, bugging me to try the oreo shake knowing he never had one before. I open my eyes, my smile dropping when he wasn't there, when my shake was right where I left it and not in the hands of my love while giving me that cheeky grin of his while he finished it all. I sigh and drink the shake, the sweetness not lifting my mood and I look out the window again as I lay my head in my hand. My eyes were droppy, feeling sleepy and my eyes blink, seeing a familiar mess of brown hair and those green eyes disappear past the shop and I quickly shot up straight.