21

(y/n) - your name

(y/n) - your name

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Hello!" I call out when I hear the front door open, lowering the volume of the tv as I lean my head back on the couch to see Five walk in after locking the door.

He walks over to me with a smile, shedding his coat and leaning down to kiss my nose. "Hello, my love. You got some mail."

"Oh! What for?" I quickly sit up as my boyfriend hands me some mail, walking off to hang up his coat and quickly freshen up. I get up while opening the mail to chuck the envelope in the bin, stopping short when I see a couple tears on the bottom of his coat. "Five, why is your coat ruined?"

"There's some pesky cat outside the building that wouldn't let me go!" he yells out from the bedroom.

"A kitten!?" I gasp, chucking the mail on the table to wear a coat and grabbing a towel plus keys before rushing out of the building. I follow the sound of quiet wailing and I find the smallest little black kitten all wet and cold by the mailboxes. "Oh, you poor thing!" I carefully pick it up with the towel, cradling it to my body as I rush back home and locking the door behind me.

I sneezed heavily from being out in the cold, carefully setting the kitten down on the floor on a pillow. It mewled and whined, shivering violently and I quickly search up how to help the little kitten. I dry it up gently as best as I could, grabbing an empty shoe box and filling it up with a blanket before heating up a hot water bottle. I set it down in the box, placing more blankets on top and setting the kitten down on the blankets to keep it warm. It slowly stoped crying, snuggling into the blankets and I coo at it at how small and cute it was!

"Sweetheart, what was in the mail?" I turn around to see Five walk out while drying his hair with a towel after he changed into his pjs but raises a brow at me since I was kneeling on the floor. The kitten meows out and he narrows his eyes at me as I give him a sheepish smile. "You did not just bring in that filthy rat in here!"

"Hey! It's a baby and it was freezing outside!" I exclaim.

"That flea-infested rat shouldn't be in here!" my boyfriend sighs out, opening my mail for me. "We're not even allowed to have animals in our apartment!"

"Five, please. The poor thing was crying and shivering. I couldn't leave it outside." I say, looking at him who shakes his head while glaring at the tiny fluffball in the shoebox.

"Fine. We're taking it straight to the pound once it's ok. But that little shit better stay away from me." The cat yowls loudly in response like it didn't like my sweet assassin either and I chuckle at that. "Fuck you too, you little shit." I laugh at Five's response to the kitten, him grumbling under his breath as he read my mail.

"So what is it?" I ask, petting the kitten.

"You got invited to a work party event? Some major masquarde ball I think."