29

(y/n) - your name

(y/n) - your name

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I hiss out softly as Sissy gently clips the gauze in place, packing up the medical equipment and getting up to put the box away after she patched me up. "Thank you so much Sissy." She smiles at me, chuckling softly.

"Wow, you look like an adorable mummy." she giggles softly and I look at myself in the mirror. She was right, my whole body was almost wrapped up from the shoulders down. The patches on my body disintegrated like it did before with the fight with Vanya back in New York, small holes reappearing as whatever Vanya gave me to keep me alive for Dallas went back to her.

"I'd say that's a step up than looking like a Frankenstein." I chuckle, looking down at Harlan next to me as he slept.

"I know that we barely know each other, but I want to thank you for protecting my baby." Sissy sits down next to me on the bed, brushing away her son's hair gently.

"Always Sissy. I will always protect the people my family loves." Vanya soon walks in and I get up to give them time to talk.

"How are you feeling?" Vanya looks over me carefully, frowning but I smile at her to ease her that I feel better after waking up from my small nap.

"I'm feeling fine." She hesitantly nods as I gently move her to sit down with Sissy and I leave the room. The air around us was quiet and almost tranquil. Doomsday was finally gone and now everyone was sitting in silence, trying to process everything. There was a calm but sad and lonesome feeling around us, regret but also relief. Forgiveness yet also yearning. Nostalgia and longing. Death yet the luck of being alive after another long battle. 

I walked out of the bedroom to see Klaus sitting on the floor as he stared at Dave's dog tags, a sad smile on his face as he kissed the precious metals.

I walked into the kitchen to see Luther try and call his boss, someone he respected and enjoyed working for after he managed to give him a sense of purpose.

I see Allison sitting at the dining table behind Luther, staring at a Polaroid photograph of her and her husband on their wedding day.

I walked outside to see Vanya laying her head on Diego's shoulder as she heartbreakingly watches Sissy's car drive off away. 

Everyone was in a depressed mood and I sighed out, looking up at the night sky as Five stood next to me. "This is really it huh?" he whispers, his hands shoved in his pockets

"Yeah. It almost feels surreal. Like none of this ever happened. Like it's a dream." We stand in silence for a few heartbeats and I turn to look at him. He was looking at me with a heartbroken look, knowing what I was about to say. "I have to go home Five-"

"-no please don't-"

"-you know I don't belong here. Or in your 2019 like how you're not meant to be here in 1963." he clenches his jaw and turns away. "You need to try and open a portal for me Five." He sighs in defeat, walking off away from me down the steps with a briefcase in hand as his siblings quickly follow him.