Chapter 1 - Welcome Back to Purgatory

I look outside the hole in the wall in the deep of the night. They have been three quite eventful weeks.

I had to explain to Robyn what happened at Beacon and how come, when we landed in Mantle, we were with Winter, and I made her witness the stupidest thing I've ever done and ignored her attempt at trying to find out my reasoning. There wasn't, but she doesn't know yet. Oh, and I found out that Winter has been moved to Mistral for the time being, thanks to Irondick's orders, so our reconciliation will have to wait.

Then I had to be rushed to a clinic run by Doctor Polendina where I met him and surprisingly Klein, finding out he was meant to be a doctor before he was taken in by the Schnee matriarch. That was a nice surprise.

Following, we had Beau's funeral and it was hard for us. Luckily we are staying currently with the Happy Huntresses and they provided to be good for our mental stability and I got to officially meet May Marigold, long term girlfriend of Robyn's, and I may have been a little awkward...

It's my first night in Mantle and I am startled awake from my evening nap by a gentle hand on my shoulder, violet eyes brim with mirth as they look down on me. "Hello, princess. Tea's ready." She helps me sit up and after I yawn I notice the new presences in the room, familiar golden eyes look back at me and then an adorable sheep faunus smiles at me, I look again at the golden eyed woman and I tilt my head confused. She smirks. Robyn pats my head and she says, "Give her a minute, she just woke up."

I widen my eyes and I ask, "Marigold?"

They chuckle and I blush embarrassed, I pout looking at my tea, but a rough shove at my side makes me wince while Robyn laughs. "Your face!"

I growl and I push her back. "You imbecile! I'm wounded!"

I scoff but then I smile, at least I got to meet the adorable Fiona Thyme. Too bad she's with Joanna. Ahhh, who am I kidding, they are all good looking, even Robyn although she loses everything when she opens her damn mouth.

Then what else? Did something else happen? Oh, yeah, I told the rest of the Happy Huntresses what happened at Beacon that same night, and I was pleasantly surprised by their willingness to help us, yet again they are Robyn's family it doesn't surprise me all that much.

And that night I got to cuddle with my best friend for a little while, it was nice. Well, until I woke up for a nightmare just an hour later, alone in bed.

That night and the following ones, I also found out that apparently I can't sleep from sunset until sunrise, but then I could sleep without any problem from dawn to lunchtime. That fucked me up a little. And also I agreed to help them with Mantle, so I could say I'm an honorary Happy Huntress.

My main job now is to keep watch on the wall since I'm the night owl of the group. We would still rotate the night shift but at least they can sleep a little more. Zoie instead helps them mostly with fixing things for the people around the city. Being the estranged daughter of a couple of craftsmen really helps at times.

And last but not least, Glynda actually made my things arrive in Mantle, so I have a pair of boxes in the Huntresses' house filled with my clothes and a few albums with my photos. And I just received a letter from Winter.

So here I am, on the wall, with a "personalized" version of May's jacket (it's only black with dark blue accents, nothing over the top) covering me since she was the closest to my frame, and I needed something to keep me warm during the night. Then I had to scavenge a little in my boxes to find a pair of dark pants in which I could fight in and I found a black shirt that will be heavy enough for the time being.