Chapter 2 - Keeping up with the Schnees

Two days later, I wake up halfway through a dream because my scroll vibrates.

I groan cursing the gods and I almost slap my face with it when I answer the call. "Who tis?"

"Nerys?"

I shot up regretting it immediately as I feel lightheaded, through the dizziness I say, "Weiss, you are here?"

"Yes, I just got back from Patch. I'm in my room at the moment."

I sigh relieved and as I rub my face I ask, "How are you? And the girls?"

"We are mostly fine..."

I frown, concerned. "Is something wrong? Should I come?"

"Is it safe? How are your wounds?"

I get up slowly and I start changing into my day clothes. "I'm fine, Mausi , they are all sealed. It's been almost a month, after all. I'm not risking anything."

"If you are sure..."

"I am. I'll see you in a matter of minutes, kid." She bids me goodbye and when she hangs up I finish changing.

Walking in the kitchen I see Robyn hugging Zoie. The tallest blonde sees me and she greets me, "Hey, Zari."

Zoie steps back and she looks at me with red rimmed eyes. "You are awfully active this morning..." she mumbles.

I hug her pressing a quick kiss on her head and then I start to make my coffee. "I know, but Weiss just called me. She's here."

"So you are running back in that mouse labyrinth? You didn't even try to set foot in there since you got back," she replies with a deep frown on her face, she's not quite happy.

"Yeah, well, I couldn't really get in there blindly to visit the others and risk crossing the jackass." I find a packet of crackers and I start to munch on them while I wait for the coffee, I get lost in my thoughts when suddenly I hear Zoie running upstairs and Robyn and I are left a little confused.

She looks at me and then at what I am doing, eventually she says, "I think that she won't have coffee anytime soon, Kitten." I look at her confused and she clarifies, "she's pregnant, you idiot. Pregnant women are... complicated."

I frown still confused but then I manage to understand. "Ooooh... Scheisse." She nods. "Well, I'll finish this and then I will get out of your hair for an hour or two. If you need me I have my scroll."

"Are you sure? You seem still a little bit out of it," she says looking me in the eyes.

"I'm fine, if it comes to it, I'll just have a nap in the afternoon. Just leave me something for lunch, please, I don't intend to eat out." She nods while grabbing her mug. "Good, now, excuse me but I want to see my little sister." This time she smirks and I blush. "Shut up."

"I didn't say anything, Kitten."

"You were thinking it. See you later, Hill." I don't wait for her response that I use my Semblance to disappear.

I stumble into the library and I knock it with my face. "Fuck!" I hiss holding my nose.

"Nerys!" I smile and ignoring the annoying pain in my face I turn around and I hug Weiss. "I missed you..."

"I missed you too, Liebling . How was your stay in Patch?" I ask while she steps back.

We make our way to the fireplace where two chairs are sitting in front of it and she says, "It was... good, even if short. Their father is... nice."