Chapter 9 - The Greatest Escape

It's been a few days since the altercation with the Ace Ops and luckily they haven't been pestering us, after checking with the huntresses alibis. I scoff from atop the wall looking at the tundra. They should move Atlas away from Mantle, at least we would be able to breathe without them .

"Wow, whatever you are thinking is really pissing you off."

I turn around and I watch Robyn coming to sit by my side. "Tonight is your turn?"

She nods. "And I am happy this way."

I snort and I ask, "Already tired with the baby?"

Robyn sags on my side and she groans, "She's adorable, but damn, she's high maintenance."

We chuckle and after a moment of silence she says, "You look still troubled by something."

I sigh and while she sits back on her own I tell her, "I'm mostly pissed off by Atlas's existence and worried for the siblings."

Robyn nods. "Yeah, Winter 2.0 is trying to fly away, right?"

"Yep and she wants to go alone, and I can't fault her, but fuck..." I groan exhaling heavily in the end, I notice her brightening up and she digs in one of her pockets producing a letter a second later. "Winter?"

She smiles and I take it almost gingerly. "You know, it's kinda cute how you seem to have fallen into a rhythm. You've been writing to each other every week for the last few months. That's commitment."

I frown a little and I ask, "Meaning?"

She chuckles and she explains, "Nothing bad. It's just... When you were in Vale, we were kinda worried for you. You never said anything and we could feel that you were still hurt and upset. But now... you are kinda okay, if you ignore the part where you are turning into a vampire." I scoff while punching her arm, her amusement dims a little and then she continues, "I was a little hesitant to see you writing to each other, but maybe I was wrong and I may be glad that I am."

I raise an eyebrow and then I smile, "Thank you."

"You're welcome, Kitten. But a word of advice from you super bestie better than the restie..." I snort and she grins for a moment before she turns back to a serious facade. "if you are going to feel things again of a different nature than friendship, think them through really hard. Don't let anyone else peer pressure you into something again." she looks away, a little embarrassed. "I feel that back at the Academy I might have pressured you into getting together with her."

I shake my head and I bump her shoulder with mine. "No, you just gave me the push I needed to finally tell her how I felt. I needed to do that or I might have gotten even crazier than what I already was. It ended badly but it wasn't because you or anyone else forced us to do something where there was nothing." I suspire before I go on. " "I believe- I want to believe that we both loved each other. What happened... it's not our fault."

Robyn glances at me. "She didn't believe you, Nerys."

I sigh. "I know and it hurt. But during one of my watches I thought back on it in her perspective. I kinda understand a little hesitancy with her background. It still hurt like a bitch, but I blame almost everything on her- on the jackass."

She sighs and she shakes her head. "Do you know what you are doing with her?"

I look in her eyes and after a beat I look down, disheartened. "No..."

She pats my back. "You'll figure it out."

She hugs me and I lean on her side. "I hope."