Chapter 11

It takes me a few days before I find myself in front of Winter's door, I haven't talked to anyone about what we talked about but the huntresses know we talked, thank you Joanna.

My heartbeat is going a thousand miles per hour as I am contemplating knocking. Come on, you are NOT going to propose, you are just going to talk with an old friend. The same old friend who you used to be with and that almost got you murdered by the military and later on joined the same organisation.

I groan, closing my eyes and I bump my head on the door, I snap my eyes open when I hear her shouting, "Coming!"

"Fuuuuck..." I hiss standing straight, I feel myself panicking a little when I hear her approaching the door.

When she opens the door I am a little surprised to see her in a white singlet and grey shorts, looking up I notice she's a little flushed. "Hi, Winter. Were you working out?"

She steps aside and I walk in, when she closes the door she says, "Yes, I just finished so don't worry about it. Although I suspect I need a shower."

I shake my head. "No, you are fine-" I notice my error so I try to cover up. "I mean, I can entertain myself if it bothers you..." I sigh, pinching the bridge of my nose. "What the fuck am I saying?"

She glances at me and then she replies, "It's okay, you must be tired, you were by the wall tonight, weren't you?"

I raise an eyebrow and after a moment I nod, stunned. "How do you..."

Her eyebrows lift up in surprise and then she says, "Ironwood installed cameras all around the border, I thought you knew it."

I frown and I shake my head. "No, I didn't. Did he install them anywhere else?"

Her face twitches for a moment before she answers, "No, that I know of..."

I scowl but eventually I relax. "It's fine. You go take a shower, I'll text the huntresses."

She nods and she quickly leaves me to freshen up, meanwhile I grab my scroll and I find the group chat with the Happy Huntresses.

Me: [Well, guess who installed new cameras along the wall?]

A few beats later Fiona replies.

Fifi: [Ironwood?]

Me: [Exactly.]

May: [Does this mean you are either in prison, going there or with Schnee?]

Me: [I'm with Winter at the moment, yes.]

DumDum: [Are you getting back together? Isn't it a little fast?]

I blush a deep scarlet and then I answer.

Me: [We are not. I'm going to try to convince her to reconnect with Whitley.]

May: [Well, that's a sure way to get your ass handed by your ex. She won't like it at all.]

I sigh, a little frustrated.

Me: [I know, but he deserves to have someone in his corner now that Weiss is gone and I am not going to always be there. And I really doubt that he started talking to his mother.]

Jo: [That will be hard. Good luck and don't fall in bed with the enemy.]

Me: [Not even if they give me intel?]

Dumdum: [Well, in that case...]

Jo: [No.]