Chapter 3

It's the dawn of a new day, and I stretch like a cat before I leave my place on the wall. I feel some pops in my back and then I make my way back to the house of the Happy Huntresses, avoiding anything that can resemble the military or its drones.

In the following two weeks since Weiss's return in Atlas, I have been helping the Gay Huntresses disabling (destroying) the tin men we find protecting trucks meant for the holes in the wall, of course we leave out the human tin men but... let's say we want to make it known that we haven't forgiven yet Ironwood for Beau's death. Zoie helped us a few times, but she stays behind most of the time.

I am almost at the house, when I hear a swish behind me, I frown and I move out of the way unsheathing my sword, turning around I see a broad shouldered man retracting the hook of his fishing pole.

I smirk and I greet him, "Ebi, good morning. To what do I owe the displeasure?"

He smiles and replies, "I think you know, Nerys."

"Not even good morning? I thought that at least you would be polite." I say, reading myself to bolt. If Ebi is here already, then his colleagues are not far behind. I feel a shiver and I hide my left hand while I raise my sword in defence.

"Listen, we don't want to fight-"

I raise an eyebrow. "We? So the others are here too? I feel special." I sneak a glance around him. Do I really want to fight these pricks? Nah, they are not really my enemy at the moment.

"-the General just needs to have a talk with you." he finishes.

I squint my eyes at him. "Why? I don't think I've done much, other than watching the biggest hole in the wall around here that someone could close in a matter of days, if they cared even a little about us. I thought that I was doing everyone a favor."

An hostile voice interrupts Ebi before he can say anything. "Don't play the fool, Mazarin. We know you are behind the destruction of several AK-200's."

I turn around and I smirk at Bree, completely unfazed by their growing numbers. "Oh, you know? That's why you attacked first right now? Wasn't it 'innocent until proven guilty'?" I glare at her and with a hard voice I reply, "For all we know, you just attacked an innocent Huntress that is defending the poor citizens of Mantle from the Grimm coming from the hole." I notice that some passersby are looking at the situation and internally I cheer for my half assed act.

Bree sneers at me and I turn back around to face Ebi and I notice Zeki and Elderne taking position, ready to act. "Listen, there's no need to be so hostile." I quirk an eyebrow, losing my cheerfulness. "The General just needs to know what's going on with the Knights here in Mantle."

I tilt my head and I put away my sword, crossing my arms I glare at him. "I believe that the Knights sent here are all defective."

"Are you serious? In Atlas, they are not giving any problems," Bree interjects.

I turn my head and I say, "Well, it wouldn't surprise me if they kept the good ones and gave the leftovers to us."

"To 'us'? You grew up with the Schnees!" she shouts.

Turning around, I look down on her and I icily reply, "I know, nobody's perfect, right? Not. Even. You. Bootlickers." she turns red with rage and I find a perverse satisfaction at being able to get under her skin so easily .

She gets ready to take me down, but Ebi chimes up, "Harriet, there's no need. The General wanted to know what's going on with them. We have an answer. If it's right or wrong it will be decided in a second moment. Come on, let's go."