Chapter 4

December. Winter has come.

Well, the season does, not the person, to my rising disappointment. At least we still talk through our letters and as I read them I can almost feel the rising frustration of the Operative, it always brings a smile on my lips while I read them.

My visits to the manor has continued with no problems, the siblings tell me of the pain their father is and I just wish to take them both away, alas I cannot.

The sparring sessions go really well, in my opinion, Weiss gets better by the day. One day she even surprises me in the middle of a fight.

I evade with a laugh her thrust and when I land on my feet I want to sprint to her, but suddenly I get hit from the side by something very sturdy. I crash in the wall and I am a little dazed when I look up, something very white and bright blinds me but when my vision clears up again, I am awestruck by the enormous Arma Gigas standing beside a nervous looking Weiss.

I get up, slowly, and I smile. "Winter is going to be so envious. This is amazing!" I exclaim as I jump on the girl hugging her, I smirk and when I step back I take my scroll, I crouch down while I find the camera, I make a stupid pose as Weiss smiles bashfully and I take a selfie with the Arma Gigas behind us.

After I'm done I hug her again. "I practiced really hard. I'm glad you appreciate it."

I smile and I murmur, "I'm so proud of you, Mausi."

The talks with Whitley sometimes really makes me uncomfortable, an example? It was Weiss, Whitley and I, talking about easy things while having tea, when he asked, for the second time...

"Are our parents the only straights in the family? It's something I was wondering for quite a while." His sister glares at him while he stirs his tea.

This time I don't laugh, but with a grim face I mumble, "I believe only Jacques is..."

Weiss looks at me shocked while Whitley is genuinely curious, so he asks the follow up question, "How do you know that mother is not?"

I grimace and I answer, "I found out in an unconventional way that our mothers were a little more than friends, I don't know the details. Would I even want them? Probably not." I shudder at the thought.

They nod, then Weiss asks, "Ok, so mother's probably bi, Winter and I are lesbians but... Whitley? What about you?"

He takes a sip of his tea, then when he lowers the cup he looks at it, a little embarrassed if I dare say. "I believe I am homosexual, just like you, sister two. And also, I think I am not really attracted to the idea of sexual intercourse."

I grimace and I grumble, "Please, do not insinuate those types of scenarios because I would like to still look at you both in the eyes."

Weiss's face flames red while Whitley smirks. "Isn't this, like, the norm for couples? Have you and Winter never done it?"

I manage a straight face while I feel blood rushing on my cheeks. "A couple times. Then life got in the way..." I remember what I just heard and I answer, "BUT that doesn't mean anyone in a relationship has to do it! You said you don't like the idea of sex, so find a boy that doesn't mind it and you can do something else, play a puzzle, cuddle, whatever. It's not a duty..." I look down at my cup and after a little while I calm down. Then I glare at Weiss. "Now, if Ruby tries something..."