A Unpleasant Fact

Chapter 10

            Once Ludwig was done thrashing the soldiers, Gil was let go. He glared sharply at Ludwig, but he seemed unbothered.

            “This is not how I raised you!” he yelled at Ludwig’s back

            Ludwig answered in a steely cold voice “You weren’t home to ever raise me, now were you?” he asked, a low and cheap shot

            Gil winced as if the words had slapped him. He had a shocked expression on his pale face, and Ludwig smirked, then walked off, leaving Gil standing alone.

            “…I have a lot to discuss with his boss…” he grumbled, stalking off in anger towards where the car was last left.

            Walking down a row of tents to the main camp road he found the gleaming black car and slid into the driver’s seat, opening the glove box where the keys were kept. Easily starting  the car he drove off, already mulling over the things he would say.

            He drove silently, speeding down roads, until he got into the city. He looked in horror at the Nazi banners everywhere, the posters on the streets, and the boarded up shops with painted racist terms against Jews.

            He grew more horrified when he saw other black suited men drag away women and children and shove them into a car, as the man was beat and subdued, then shoved into a different one.

            This…this is…beyond words…

            He sped up and drove to the building where their office and Hitler’s was. He left the car at the curb and bounded from the car, sprinting up the steps

            I am going to tear him apart…

            He burst through the main doors and stalked down the hall, slamming his fist into the great doors, where behind, lay a beady eyed rat of a man.

            “Come in.” Invited the cold, easy voice.

            Gilbert smashed the doors open and slammed them behind him.

            “WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?!” he roared, his eyes flashing in anger

            Seated in a chair, the snake behind the desk folded his hands, leaning on his elbows, looked over.

            “What is bothering you, General.” He asked, his voice rather eerily calm.

            “MY BROTHER IS A RAVING LUNATIC BECAUSE OF YOU! HIS COUNTRY IS IN THE BLASTED USELESS WAR, AND THE PEOPLE ARE A MESS! WHY ARE SOLDIERS BEATING AND SPERATING FAMILIES? WHY ARE RACAL SLURS EVERYWHERE?!” he thundered

            “I suggest, you calm down” was the reply he got.

            Gil stormed over and smashed his fist onto the desk.

            “I WILL NOT! ANSWER ME SCUM!”

            The man regarded him, before snapping his fingers. From the corners, two highly decorated black uniformed men walked over.

            “Humble our Prussian friend.” The man spoke, watching Gil carefully.

            What…

            Before his thought was finished, the butt of a rifle was slammed into his stomach, another to his back. A boot met his side, and another gun smashed into his head.