Chapter 2

Lindsey's pov

I woke up in my bed with bright sun streaming through my open windows. I got up, I was still in my bathing suit and my head hurt like crazy it was throbbing.

I took some Advil and sat down on my bed to think about what happened last night not only did my dad die.

I had a crazy dream where I became a mermaid. I shook my head and went to get breakfast my mom was having coffee at the beautiful table dad built us.

"Hi honey" she said weakly I looked at her face I could tell she had been crying all night. I made some breakfast without saying a word. I sat down next to mom and began to eat.

"Mom, are you okay?" "I don't know honey" I could tell she wanted to cry. She got up and walked to her bedroom.

After she left Justin walked in through the back door along with Henry. "hey" they both say in unison "you okay?" "Not really... But I just need a little time."

Justin and Henry went outside and played basketball. I went to take a shower. As I stepped in the shower I could feel the hot water against my back. But then something weird happened.

I got this tingling feeling in my legs and they started to form into something. I turned the water off and a couple seconds later I fell flat on the tiled floor.

I looked behind me and there was the aqua sparkly tail I had seen last night on me. I thought to myself that maybe it wasn't a dream. But then I remember I blacked out right after I turned into a fish.

I felt my head and wondered why I blacked out. How did I even get in my bed?

  I realized I was still on the floor.I didn't know how to get rid of this thing. I tried moving but I couldn't, I tried reaching for something, anything. "Ughh!" I said and fell back on my stomach.

I waited for like 2 minutes and it started to go away. I touched it before it went away. It was dry.

After I left the bathroom I went to my room to process everything. "This is a disaster" I thought. How am I going to keep this from people, I'm a freaking fish! I could end up in a science experiment if I told a doctor or my mom.

I decided  I would tell the only person in the world that I trust, my best friend Kaitlyn. I texted her immediately to meet me at our secret place.

That the place is somewhere where no one goes on the beach there are rocks on the left side there is a little cave that opens up to a little island shaped spot big enough for me to show her my tail.

I walk down there and climbed through the cave. Kaitlyn is sitting there waiting for me. "Are you okay you know with your dad and all" "yeah I'm fine "  I said I said about to change the subject.

"Lindsey I am so sorry" she said, "yeah.....but that's not what I am hear to show you." I said trying to lighten the mood.

I walk into warm shallow water, my legs changed into a tail leaving Kaitlyn speechless. "Your a fish!!!!" She screamed.

"Shh" I say. I told her everything. She stroked my tail "you do know what this makes you right?" She said. "What?"I asked. "your a mermaid!" She said smiling. " I am not!!"I said.

"Plus mermaids aren't real" I said defending my statement. "Well you may want to check with that theory because I am staring at one right now" she said in a sassy tone.

"Kaitlyn do you know how hard this is going to be for me?" I asked. She shakes her head. "hello? I have to keep this a secret or some doctor could find out and experiment on me!" I said.

------------------------------------------------------
Hey guys!!!! I hope you like it!!!