Our Life Now

It's been a week since humans came to Inkopolis, and things are going pretty well. Humans have been quickly getting jobs in areas that involve untreated water, like fishing and sea exploration, so they're being treated extremely well. Jason took the role of ambassador for human/inkling relations and making it look easy. Seth, who apparently loves machines, is finding ways to merge inkling, octarian, and human vehicles in an attempt to make some kind of super car. Zoe turned out to be quite the activist, trying her best to put grizz co. out of business because the methods are "too crule". As for myself and the other agents, we became a music group like Cap'n suggested. We call ourselves Agents of Unity, and sing all of the forgotten human songs that I know. We haven't released anything yet but with the squid sisters and off the hook with us, it was easy to get off the ground. Our first performance is going to be the upcoming splatfest; day vs night. We only have a couple more days to practice, but we're excited.

"Can you believe we're going to be pop stars?" Mason asked.

"And to have our debut performance be splatfest too," Serah added.

"I'm so nervous," (A/9) said.

"Hey, were gonna be great!" Calie reassured us.

"Yeah with us on your side, we'll be fine," Pearl teased, referring to the four idols in our group.

"Plus, (Y/N)'s songs are really impressive," Marie added.

"I'm positive they'll be a huge hit!" Marina said.

"The fact that they were already written really helps," I responded, "plus, I won't get in trouble for copyright. It's been 10,000 years so the songs are well within public domain."

"What?" Zack asked.

"Wait, is copyright not a thing here?" I asked, "Its basically legal protection so no one can steal your music, TV show, art, or anything like that."

"Oh, we call that creation guard," (A/9) said.

"Anyway," 8 said, "we should go over our game plan again." Poor 8 has been trying really hard to stay positive, but her nearly nonverbal demeanor makes it clear to everyone that what happened still haunts her. Zack told me that she's even like that at home, and that it's just like when they first met.

"Good idea," I said, trying to hide my concern, "we'll start with We are one after our introduction and follow with which team we support. The team night boys will sing Talking to the moon followed by the team day girls with Towards the sun. After that I was thinking either Dusk till Dawn or Stereo Heart."

"I think Dusk till Dawn would be best for this situation," Zack stated, everyone else agreed.

"Cool," I continued, "Then we'll have the team night girls with Last Friday Night and the team day boys with Blinding Lights, then we'll all finish with On the floor. Any objections so far?" No one said anything so I continued with my plan. "With all of our team songs out of the way I was thinking about doing some solos or duets, so if you guys have something specific you want to do we can."

"8 and I can do Rewrite the Stars," Zack suggested, "it fits our relationship and the splatfest theme."

"I don't mind," 8 said.

"Awesome, anybody else?" I asked.

"I call Waiting for Love!" Mason yelled.

"Dark Horse for me!" Marie called.

"I wanna do Dandelions," Calie said.

"Can I do Sweet but Psyhco?" Pearl asked.

"I'm thinking about doing A Thousand Years," Marina said.