2

Gulf did not speak to his father at all. He protested all the way. Although Gulf realized that all that would not change his father's decision, he still insisted on not allowing his father to remarry. He is not willing to have a stepmother because for him, no one can replace his late mother.

"That's enough, just because of that, you want to sulk with your dad. Not good, you know, frowning with parents. After all what's wrong with your papa getting married again. At least there are also those who will be friends of him later," Kao persuaded when he and Gulf sat on the iron cradle in the yard of Gulf's house. Kao, who is 3 years older than Gulf, will also take him for a walk after his work hours.

"But I don't like it. I don't like outsiders coming into my family. Do you understand that I don't like it?" Gulf is still with his decision. Will not budge at all.

"Gulf don't be selfish. Your papa also wants happiness. Until when does he want to live alone?" Kao is still trying to persuade him. Understand the behavior of this spoiled boy, he is very fond of being persuaded.

"What's with you, Kao? Why are you supporting my papa to get married again? Mr. Albert and Ms. Melissa who asked you to persuade me? If so, don't expect me to agree!" Gulf insisted angrily. He was really upset when Kao also supported his father's decision.

"My parents didn't even ask. I want you to open your mind. Seeing your father's future. Until when does he want to live alone? He also needs a friend to share his love and grief. You must be aware of all that," Kao replied. Although he understands that Gulf is not the type of human being who can listen to advice, but Kao feels called to advise him. Who knew Gulf's heart will soft!

"I am here. All this time it's okay to stay with me, why suddenly want to get married?" Gulf replied angrily.

"Till when? Until when do you want to stay with your dad? You don't want to get married? Don't you want to have a family of your own?" Question Kao and hope Gulf will understand the implicit meaning of his words.

Gulf was silent. Think for a moment.

"Even if I get married, I will live with my dad too!" Gulf insisted after that. He did not want to give up on his stand.

"That's right, if you're married to a neighbor next door, maybe you can talk. What if the person is far away? Want your husband to live with your father?" Kao smiled. For a long time, he kept dreaming of living with Gulf one day. It's just that there hasn't been an opportunity for him to express his feelings.

"I will set the conditions, if you want to marry me ... you must stay with my father!" Gulf said firmly.

"What if he doesn't want to?" Kao said wanting to test him.

"Don't be my husband!" Gulf answer is spontaneous and decisive.

"Hmmm, it's hard to talk to this immature boy ..." Kao sighs when he looks Gulf.

"If I, were you, I wouldn't want to live with my father -in -law. It's hard! Not free!" said Kao with a small laugh.

"What's so hard about it?" Gulf asked frowning. Do not understand.

"Well ... If you live with an in -laws, you are not free. You can't do as you please. That's why if I get married later, I want to live in my own house. I just want to stay with my partner!" said Kao, looking at Gulf. His lips then formed a smile.

"I don't care, if you want to marry me ... you have to live with my dad too. Does not matter!" Gulf insisted on defending his will.

"Hmmm, how unfortunate that man is!" Kao looked at Gulf.

"I don't know who, but it feels like the person next to my house!" He also looked at Kao.

"Ooppss... I can't say anything if it's like that. I had to stay with my father-in-law," Kao pretended to sigh but he was happy enough to make Gulf smile again.

Gulf's cheerful face immediately turned sour again as soon as his father's car entered the yard. Suddenly his feelings returned to their original state. Gulf's anger increased again.

"That's enough, you don't have to frown anymore. Not good you know!" persuaded Kao when he saw Gulf's face like that.

Gulf doesn't care. His face still showed anger.

"Hello, Mr. Kanawut!" Kao greeted him warmly as Gulf's father passed him.

Mr. Kanawut showed a smile and returned the greeting to the neighbor's child who was already considered his own child.

Gulf kept looking the other way. Didn't want to see his father's face. Because he felt only visible disappointment.

Mr. Kanawut really felt sad to see Gulf's attitude towards him, but he couldn't do anything about it. Only able to withstand the feeling of emptiness. Empty because his good intentions were misunderstood by Gulf himself.

"I'll go in first!" said Mr. Kanawut slowly. He didn't want to wait any longer there. There was nothing more he could do. He worries his presence there will add to the hatred in his beloved child's heart.

"Hmmm ..." Kao nodded his head and then looked at Gulf 's face.

"When you want to change. Try to be a little mature. I feel sorry for your dad. Don't you feel sorry for him?" Kao asked. Still not tired of persuading the heart of the man who has long reigned in his heart.

Gulf is silent. The truth wasn't that he didn't feel sorry for seeing his father live alone for 12 years, but he didn't want to share his father's love with anyone.

"Tolerate a little, Gulf. It's not difficult at all. No less love for your father if he gets married! You will remain his beloved child forever!" Kao's advice again. He knew that was what Gulf was really worried about. Fearing that his father's love would split into two or worse, he worries if his father no longer loves him after marrying someone else later.

"The way you speak is indeed simple. Try if you are in my place and situation ..." said Gulf in an angry tone mixed with regret.

"If I were you, I would give my father a chance I will not interfere in the affairs of my father's life. Most importantly, I want my dad to live happily. That's all!" Kao said firmly.

"You can talk like that because you haven't felt what I feel." Gulf is angry. His voice was already high. Failed to control feelings. It seems he is very emotional.

Kao sighed for a long time. Attempts to persuade Gulf failed. It was not easy for him to soften Gulf's heart, which had been difficult from the beginning. If the rock is hard, Gulf's heart is harder ...