41

Every time Art see the intimacy between Mew and Gulf, his heart feel like being sliced. The more he hates Gulf. Since Gulf came home last night, Art has not stopped swearing. Until he went to the office.

"I feel so angry when I saw your stepbrother. Does he want to show off?" Int said when they all saw Gulf and Mew walking side by side while laughing.

"He is really shameless! He cares nothing, as long as he gets what he wants." Art reply while trying to contain his anger. He is very jealous of the special treat that Mew given to Gulf.

Amanda just listened to their talk. She herself could not speak when she saw the warmth that clearly cracked her heart and feelings.

"What else are you talking about? Can't you see the boss coming?" Mild asked when he saw them talking.

Immediately Art and Int resume their work.

Amanda stood after that with a small box in hand. As walking, she did his best to hide from everyone's view. Worried about becoming the talk later. She the one who will be ashamed. Amanda wants to give Mew a present for the man's birthday.

"Happy birthday." said Amanda as she placed a small box that was already wrapped beautifully in front of Mew.

"Thank you. No need to bother. I don't need these gifts..." said Mew without curiosity about what's in the box.

"I'm used to giving gifts to you every year," said Amanda half regretfully when she saw that her gifts didn't get any attention from Mew.

"Okay thank you!" reply Mew. The sheets of paper on his desk continued to be flicked, ignoring Amanda.

"I'll go out first!" Amanda said while holding back the feeling of embarrassment when being ignored.

"Hmmm..." answered Mew casually.

It was then that Amanda's feelings became wet with tears. It's unspeakable.

***

Gulf was so surprised to receive a bouquet of flowers, that afternoon. Even without any card, he knew who the sender was. Who else would present him with a bouquet of flowers like that if not Mew. But why did Mew give flowers to him? Never has this happened!

"Beautiful flowers... who gave them?" Mew teased as he smiled looking at the bouquet of flowers on Gulf's table when he wanted to invite Gulf to lunch.

Gulf just smiled as he stared at Mew. "I know right? Who else but Gulf's favorite lover! Why? Jealous?" Gulf teased.

"Hmmm... who is that poor guy huh? Had to stop by the flower shop just to buy flowers..." Mew said jokingly.

"Mew!" Gulf pinched Mew's stomach slowly. Mew was already laughing out loud without realizing their act being spied on by other employees including Amanda and Art.

Suddenly Amanda felt her cheeks get wet. Indeed, she lacks faith, is it true that the man who is laughing is Mew? Isn't Mew a man who is hard to smile let alone laugh, who has no feelings at all? What power does Gulf use so that Mew can change his attitude so much?

Art also unspeakable. The existing anger is increasing. He just wanted to attack Gulf at that time. But Art is only capable of swearing in the heart alone. The rest he was only able to see and continued to see without being able to do anything that would allow him to act against Gulf.

"Next time, you don't have to give flowers," said Gulf.

"What do I have to give Gulf then? Flowerpot?"

"Mew! Next time, give like chocolate... can eat!" Gulf said earnestly. Not that he didn't like being given flowers, but Gulf felt the giving was a bit wasteful. Flowers cannot be durable. When it withers, it will go in the trash.

"Hesy, don't even want to say thank you! Gulf knows, I've never been to a flower shop in my life. Because it reminds me that Gulf loves flowers, I went into the flower shop," Mew said pretending to be sullen. Want to get attention from Gulf.

"Thank you, my love, Gulf really appreciate it. Gulf loves you!" Gulf said with a small laugh.

"What is it? I didn't hear that last verse," Mew said with a smile. It feels so good to hear Gulf said that even if it is mentioned in a playful way.

Gulf looked spoiled. He pinched Mew stomach again.

"Cheesy!" Gulf said after that.

"Baby, I didn't hear that!" Urge Mew.

"What happen to you today? So weird, it's not always like this!" Gulf asked.

"Hmmm... today actually I turn to 30 years old!" tell Mew frankly.

"Hah! Really?" Immediately Gulf stand up. Hugged Mew later.

"Happy birthday, love." Gulf said with sincerity after that then give Mew a small peck on his cheek. There was nothing he wanted to give as a token of his love.

"Thank you..." replied Mew full of emotion. There is no special gift other than Gulf love. That's what he's been hoping for the most.

Gulf let go of his hug after that. He sat back down when all eyes were on the two of them.

"Tonight, we have dinner together. Special dinner..." suggest Mew.

"Where?" quickly Gulf asked.

"In the mouth!" Mew answer while laughing. Then quickly walked to his office.

At that time, Amanda's tears could not be held back. Somehow, she still couldn't accept the fact that she didn't have any hope anymore. Mew would not look at her at all. She did not seem to give up while what she was waiting for already had its own happiness.

Art revenge is growing. His heartache is getting worse. He feels like want to swallowed Gulf alive.