13

Mew failed to close his eyes. Almost all day accompanying the new friend known as Gulf was like reviving his spirit. It was as if he was meeting a new ray of light. A ray he had never dreamed of all this time.

Suddenly Mew felt everything was just as beautiful.

Mew lay on his right side. Not suitable, he also lay on his left side. Ah! Everything is wrong. Finally, he decided to leave his bed. He stepped into the kitchen. Quench his thirst.

Mew himself doesn't know why he's so pleased with that man? Why is his heart so interested in  him?

It's okay. Let's just get to know him first. Then later we make an assessment of whether he is worthy or not to take place in my heart, we will decide later. Mew persuaded himself.

But the strange thing is, why does he have to feel that way? Why does this feeling appear so suddenly?

Ah! He didn't want to think about this because from the beginning he didn't know the answer.

***

That morning Mew came out early. With his bicycle he headed to the restaurant, where his heart had been left behind. Unfortunately, the restaurant is still closed. Well, the clock still shows 7 in the morning! And Mew smiled to himself.

Mew turned back. Disappointed. But his own fault. Find people at the wrong time.

"You, where are you going...?" someone greeted before Mew started pedaling the bike.

Mew turned around and as soon as he saw Gulf's face, his heart pounded again. Didn't expect to be able to meet Gulf that morning. Oops! Why is it like seeing a very lovely and beautiful flower? Is this what is called love at first sight? If it's true, it's true what people say, falling in love is very beautiful.

Mew's lips were already carving a smile.

"What are you doing here early in the morning? Looking for me?" Gulf said casually. Also want to tease. For a long time, he didn't joke with anyone. He used to joke with Kao, but now it's all just memories.

Mew smiled again. So happy with Gulf's teasing. Hmmm, looks shy, but can even joking.

"No, I just want to breathe fresh air," lie Mew. Meanwhile he tried to calm his increasingly turbulent feelings.

"Is that so? Not looking for Gulf?" tease Gulf again with a smile.

Indeed, that was the real purpose of why he got there in the morning.

"If so, why?" Asked Mew while his lips could not be escaped the smile. Hah! Who told you to start first? Mew is also brave.

Gulf's face changed suddenly. Feel regret to ask that.

"Where do Gulf want to go out so early?" Asked Mew again when he sees Gulf's face has changed. Maybe Gulf is embarrassed.

"Gulf does come out early every day. Want to breathe fresh air!" Gulf answered while holding back his embarrassment.

"Come on, ride a bike with me," invite Mew.

"Gulf don't want to," Gulf refuses.

"Is it because the bike is old? if the car is big, luxurious, Gulf must accept it." Mew pretended to sulk. Just testing Gulf's feelings. If he does not do so, Gulf will reject him.

Huh... This guy...

"Alright. But don't paddle fast," Gulf finally gave in. What's wrong with him riding a bike once in a while. After all, before this, there were no people who invited him to ride a bike.

"All right, don't worry." answered Mew.

Then Gulf sat on the bike. And Mew started pedaling. Suddenly Mew's heart sang merrily. Like birds chirping welcoming the morning sun. Really happy!

Gulf also felt very happy. That was the first time he felt that way since his papa remarried. Gulf thought he would never feel that way again because for Gulf the feeling of happiness was too far away from him.

"Gulf...," call Mew. When the cold morning wind greeted his cheek.

"Hmmm..." Gulf answered slowly.

"If we continue to live here, do you agree?" asked Mew suddenly. Why he asked that question to Gulf, he himself was not sure. But for sure, his heart is really attached to Chiang Mai.

"Us? What do you mean by us?" asked Gulf. Didn't understand Mew question at all.

"I mean, we stay here forever."

"Where have you lived all this time? On the tree? Up the mountain there?" Gulf asked again.

Mew smiled. No answer. Where he lived before doesn't matter anymore. What matters, is where his heart will be left behind.

"Gulf, if possible, Gulf want to stay longer in a place like this. But there are no job opportunities here. If there is, it is very limited." Said Gulf. By then they were approaching the green grass area. Mew stopped pedaling and Gulf also got off the bike. They walked closer to the wooden fence that surrounded the grass area.

"Gulf doesn't want to try on a cattle ranch? Who knew there was a vacancy!" propose Mew. If Gulf wants, he can also fill the position of manager. It doesn't belong to anyone else, it belongs to Mew as well.

"What kind of job? Throw away cow dung?" Gulf asked quickly.

"I mean, not at the farm... in the office."

"Ah! Gulf don't want to. Of course, there isn't," Gulf answered confidently.

"Don't try, don't know..." persuade Mew again. In his heart, he hoped that if Gulf asked for a job on his farm, he would always be able to see Gulf's face.

"Ah! don't want, don't want, don't want!" Gulf answered while sitting on the wooden fence.

Mew smiled. Understand Gulf. Strongly opposed, likes to follow his heart and doesn't care about anyone. But the one most Mew didn't expect about Gulf, he was the first-person Mew liked.

Mew parked his bike on the edge of a large wooden tree. Then he sat next to Gulf while looking at the view of the green grass.

The morning became too beautiful for Mew. Hopefully that feeling will always accompany his life later.

***

War's eyes widened as soon as he saw Gulf's face. "Where are you this morning" asked War.

"Take the morning breeze," replied Gulf, so casual.

"Earlier, papa Gulf called me. He asked about you." Tell War.

"Did you tell papa, Gulf was here?" Gulf's ask with an anxious face.

"No. I didn't tell. I said I don't know...."

Gulf felt a little relieved. At least his papa doesn't know where he is right now.

"If your papa knew, he must invite you right now!" Say War again.

"Really? Somehow papa liked it, I sat here. It's okay not to come back soon!" said Gulf as he helped War hang up clothes. The morning weather is beautiful.

"Why didn't you call papa. I know your papa must be worried about you," War persuaded Gulf over and over again even though he knew, Gulf wouldn't listen at all.

"I feel sorry for your father..." added War.

"You don't have to feel sorry. Of course, now my papa is happy. Papa called because he wanted to know what was right. Later, people will accuse him of not looking for me!" Answer Gulf.

War just shook his head after that. Gulf's heart was really hard, he thought.