Chapter 1

I wrote this part again with few changes

Third person pov.

It was One of those rare sunny days in Rainy season in the city of Mumbai. Indian cricket team popularly known as ICT were practicing on the ground for their next test series which was against England. The captain of Test Cricket now is KL Rahul with Mayank Agarwal as vice Captain. Virat Kohli and Ajinkya Rahane were still playing but as just players giving the opportunity to young lads.

They were having their practice on the ground when Their coach Rahul Dravid came and said "Boys gather up, I want to inform you certain things about this series."
Everyone gathered around the couch in a semi circle and waited for the coach to start.

"Our Head Physio has to skip this series due to his personal issues so one of the members of his team which you all know  will lead the team for this series. Her name is Trusha Kulkarni. And one more additional change is our last two matches which were supposed to be held at Delhi will now be held at Pune due to some technical reasons." Coach completes giving all the information to the team and then looks towards Rahul, Mayank and says "Rahul, Mayank come with me."

Rahul and Mayank go behind the coach to discuss the upcoming match and the team continues to practice.

Devdutt was seen practicing harder as he was not getting comfortable with body liners and he had to work on that for this series and also as his previous series didn't go well. Their previous series was against the West Indies. Though West Indies were considered as a tough opponent, Dev was not even able to score above 50 in any of those matches. He was even dropped from the last match as it was the decider.
Though many said it was just not his series he knew he had to improve his game. It was has if he was unable to judge the ball or hitting on the wrong ones.

He was therefore working a bit harder for this test series as he knew people are confident about him and he himself wanted to play well.

Coach, Rahul and Mayank were observing the practice from inside when Virat and Ajinkya joined them as well. "What do you think about our position right now?" asked Rahul, asking everyone in the room.
"I think the team is strong and we would be able to win this series if there are no injuries and replacements." Said the coach. After a pause the coach asked "What do you think about Dev?" "He did have a bad series but one series cannot define his game as we all know he is a brilliant player." Said Virat confidentially. "We all know that. I hope he improves and makes your words come true." Said the coach looking and Devdutt. They continue to make the plan for the game in the office.

Meanwhile on the same ground at the other side there were celebrations going on as Trusha was speaking to her friend who was more like a little sister to her "Yes, can you believe it !? I am the head Physico of THE INDIAN CRICKET TEAM !!" Said Trusha over the phone. Then her little sister Radhika almost started to sing "Di I am sooo happy for you! Congratulations and celebrations!! Woohoo!!!"

"Enough baba enough and by the way bonus news for you" "What?" Asked Radhika excitedly. "I would be coming to Pune for the last two matches so I can meet you." Said Trusha.

"Ohh hoo Ye to Sone pe Suhaga hogaya. (Oh wow that's icing on the cake) Di you are staying with me when you come here we will have so much of fun." Said Radhika excitedly. "Sorry Radhu but I have to stay at the hotel it's mandatory for me." Said Trusha and Radhika did become a little sad but then she mischievously said "It's okay then but you can arrange match tickets for me as compensation." "Badmaash"(mischievous) said Trusha laughing and then added "Jaa tu bhi kya yaad rakhegi tera kaam ho jayega." (Okay even you would remember this favour, your work would be done.) "Thank you so much di! Love you. Chalo byeeee." Radhika says this and hangs up. Trusha shakes her head at her bubbly friend and smiles wide at the thought of meeting her again.

The series started its first match which was against England. Devdutt and Shubhman were opening from India's side. They were making a good start with 35 runs in total.

Devdutt was on strike and when the bowler bowled the ball he somehow misjudged it and hit a four but it went directly to the fielder and he was out.
"Devdutt went for a four on a slower ball and got caught. This really doesn't seem to be a good phase for this young batsmen having given the wicket on such an early note." Said the commentators.

In the two innings of that match Devdutt made only 20 runs. However hard he tried to play and even in the practice sessions he was unable to play properly.
It was as if he was unable to read the ball and play it.

In the next match as well he looked fidgety. In the 2nd test he was able to score only 25  runs in total.

All in all Devdutt was in one of his worst forms. He was getting frustrated by each innings and getting mad at himself for not scoring. He never experienced such lack of confidence and was finding it difficult to handle.

They were leaving for Pune in the evening and Devdutt was thinking about everything that happened in these two matches.l and the previous series. Virat and Rahul came to his room as they thought Devdutt will keep on thinking about everything but will keep it to himself.

As they entered the room they found Devdutt sitting on the chair looking outside. Devdutt was unaware of their presence and was trapped in his own thoughts. Virat kept his hand on his shoulders and said "Hey, what are you thinking so much?" Taking a seat on another chair while Rahul stood beside Virat facing Devdutt.

"Nothing much bhai." (Brother)  Replied Devdutt in a low voice. Rahul sighed and asked "We know you enough to know that you were thinking something. Now spill."

Devdutt looked down at his hands and replied in pieces "Nothing much. Just these games, being out, not scoring well in practice as well and so on." "Dev bacha just two games does not define you. We all know you are capable of more and everybody has a bad day." Said Virat.

"Not bad day Bhai, it's bad days. You know it's not just this series, even the previous series did not go well and now this. I just can't understand where am I going wrong." Said Dev fidgeting with his hands and sounding a bit desperate to know where he is wrong.

Rahul sat on his chair's arm and patted his back saying "It happens with everyone. Me, Vi bhai, Mahi bhai everyone. Sometimes we don't know what exactly is wrong but all you can do during these hard times is never give up and keep on trying."

Devdutt smiled a little and said "Thanks bhai." "Anytime and now be ready we have to leave for Pune in 3 hours." Said Rahul. "Yes Bhai and Thank you again." Devdutt said getting up but Virat gave him a tapli saying "Aya bada Thank you bolne wala." (Look at this big boy saying thank you now) Devdutt sheepishly smiles at them as they leave the room.

Devdutt stood in his balcony looking outside smiling and decided to face everything positively and try giving his best. Who knows he might get his confidence back in Pune.