Chapter 12

Sorry for the delay. I was sick for sometime so that's why. Anyways here is the new update. Enjoy!

Third person pov

Radhika parked the bike below her building and they both got down. They both were tired from roaming around the town the entire day. As they were walking back up the staircase he said "It was tiring yet a fun day" "Glad you liked it. I knew a bike ride would be a good choice. Plus cars make me really sick." Said Radhika unlocking the door. "Matlab?" Asked Dev getting inside. "I have motion sickness. So if I travel in a car for long distances I get sick." Dev nodded and then they both plopped on the couch. The day was exhausting but at the same time very satisfactory and felicitous.

Radhika then got up and said "Chalo let's get freshened up." tapping his knees. Dev sulked and pouted to Radhika. Radhika shakes her head trying not to melt to his face and says "I am a professor. I see those types of faces all the time. Chalo chalo fresh ho jao aur khane me madat karo. Jaldi khana khake kal jaldi Mumbai ke liye nikal jayenge. Around 5 hours away by road". Dev still got more comfortable on the sofa, not in a mood to get up. Radhika then pushed him towards his room and said "Go freshen up first." He sulked and went towards his room to get fresh up. Radhika smiles at his antics and shakes her head. She then went to her room to freshen up.

After they both got freshen up she went to the kitchen wearing specs and he too followed her. She went towards the fridge and asked him as he was sitting on the kitchen slab "You want sambar or rasam with your dosa?" "Rasam please." Said Dev sitting cross legged on the counter. She chuckled when she turned back to him to see him sit like a child and said "Chalo phir aab madad karo." He then says "Well you do rasam first then I would prepare dosa." Dev said with an innocent smile but Radhika knew very well he was just searching for a loophole.

She went towards him and stood with both her hands on her waist and said "I know very well what you are doing. I should have known iss bholi bhali shakal ke piche badmash ladka hai." She pulled his nose and turned back to cut the tomatoes.

She saw Dev was doing something on his phone. She thought he would be doing something important as his face was serious so she didn't initiate any conversation and continued her work. All of a sudden Radhika's phone started ringing in the hall. "I will get it." Said Dev and went outside to get it and Radhika replied with hmm.

He came back with her phone and said "I guess it's your mom. You talk, I am outside." And kept the phone on the counter and went outside. Radhika picked up her call and said "Good morning maa! How are you?". Radhika's mom replied "Yes it's good here. How are you? And why are you not coming to the US on Diwali?" Radhika sighed as she knew this topic was going to come. She hasn't gone there for 2 years and now she was running out of excuses. She exhaled and said "I am good too. And Maa you know I am busy with my College and all." "You say that all the time. I thought at least this time you will come but no." Radhika's mom said a bit angrily.

Radhika thought there was no escape from it and said "Okay I would come during Christmas and New Year. Okay?" Radhika's mom rejoiced at once at the other end and said "Oh that would be lovely. I will tell your sister to book your tickets right away. Thank you so much." "Okay maa whatever makes you happy." Radhika said with a flat voice stirring the rasam. Radhika wanted to end the conversation so she said "Chalo maa I would call you later. I am having my dinner." "Okay bye dear. Love you." And the line went dead.

It wasn't like Radhika hated hanging out with her family but after some circumstances she avoided it. After the call she sat on the chair to calm herself down. There were thousands of things going on in her head. There were some flashes of some events. She didn't want to think too deeply. Till date she has not. She locked certain things in a deep corner of her heart and did not open it. She took a deep breath and again put a smile on her face as she was used to forgetting it completely and focusing on the current not the past.