Chapter 27

THIRD PERSON POV.

It was early morning when Radhika's alarm rang. It was Saturday so Radhika didn't have to go to college. She got up and turned off her alarm. She remembered everything that happened last night as She looked at the side of her bed and found it empty. She kind of hoped in the middle of night he would come back, that's why she left her door open. She got up and went to her washroom attached to her room to freshen up. She came out of her room and saw the other room's door. It was not closed either. She went and took a peek inside and saw him sleeping in a chair. She didn't disturbed his sleep and quietly took an exit.

She went to the kitchen and started to prepare breakfast. She was almost done and was making some coffee when she heard some rustling down the hall. After some time she saw Dev enter the kitchen stretching his hands. Radhika opened a cabinet and took out a new toothbrush for him. She took it and gave it to him. He silently took it and went back to his room.

Radhika till then had poured the coffees into two cups. Dev entered the kitchen looking a bit fresh and sat on the chair with a small table. She placed a cup of coffee in front him and sat in front of him with her cup. Dev before drinking the coffee said "Sorry I overreacted last night.". Radhika gave a flat smile and said "I can understand Dev. It was a lot of information and it needs time to process."

Dev exhaled and said "Actually the thing I didn't like the most was you didn't tell me this earlier. I know it was for my own good and it could be the best thing to do at that moment but it just makes me feel, feel like you still don't trust me." Dev said, looking at his hands on the table, not looking at her. Radhika placed her hands on his and said "But I trust you Dev, why wouldn't I?"  "Then trust me with your problems as well. Radhika I don't want you to hide things from me so I wouldn't feel burdened or because I would take tension about it. I want you to trust me with your problems and let me be a part of it as well. It's not just about now but for the future as well. I want to be with you, beside you so please let me be. We are in this together. If we are laughing we would laugh together and if we are in a tough situation we both face it together. I have said this before, I don't like to see you getting stressed. I know how hard it must have been on you to be in front of your family and I wanted to share it equally with you."

Radhika broke down on his words. She didn't cry in front of her family, her friends, anyone from outside but this man in front of her. The way he allows her to be weak without judging and doesn't expect her to be strong all the time was one of the greatest things he offered her even if he didn't know. "It was difficult." Mumurred Radhika crying. Dev at once got up and went towards her. He lifted her and placed her in his lap hugging her as she let all the built up tears flow in his embrace.

"Dev... They... They said there's no need for me to call them again?" Radhika said getting hiccups in between. Dev stroked her hair letting her say everything "When I said that you are my boyfriend they said celebrities are never serious about their relationships and the media would spoil my name and my career. They said I should just meet that guy, but I know you Dev, you are not like them. They didn't listen to anything and just walked out. They left me again." Radhika cried while Dev just hugged her tighter.

There was silence for some time after which Dev asked "Do you want me to talk to them?" Radhika sniffed and said "Not now. They have left in anger and if you talk to them now it would just mess it up more. I don't want to hear a word against you again." Dev nodded as it was her family and whatever decision she takes regarding them he would respect it and support it.

Radhika looked up and said to Dev "And Dev I trust you. Okay? Remember that always. And I am sorry I didn't told you all this before I should have told you."  "I am sorry too that I reacted like that. You stood up for me in front of your family and I got angry last night, I am sorry." Dev apologized to her. "It's okay, I guess we are getting a hang of this relationship thing now." Radhika said smiling.