Chapter 17

I added the above song as which other song would be perfect for the exciting match in this chapter.

THIRD PERSON POV.

Commentator : "And on the very first ball Devdutt swung the bat and now the ball is in the air. Is it going to be a six or out caught?" ANNND... ITS A SIX! Devdutt Padikkal has hit a maximum at the very first ball of the match. This match is going to be an interesting one..."

Radhika closed her eyes and thanked all the gods for making it a six. She exhaled loudly and kept her hand on her racing heart. Athiya kept her hand on Radhika's shoulder and said "It's okay... Believe in him." Radhika nodded And opened her eyes. She clapped loudly as the crowd went bonkers for the Six on the very first ball.

KL patted his helmet with a smile on his face and Dev returned to the crease with a new determination in his eyes. Nevertheless it was raining sixes and fours. Dev was in altogether new form and played the game not even bothered by different types of balls bowled by bowlers.

'Just be yourself and play the game you love and enjoy it.'

Dev kept repeating the words said by Radhika to him the previous night. He played the game without worrying about the media, the public, or the trolls. Nothing. He just played the game he loves and with the same burning Passion of playing beautiful shots and being useful for the team.

KL got out after 12 overs but they had already set the base for the coming batters. KL while leaving said to Dev "Keep playing like this." And went towards the stands. Virat came at 3 and asked the state of the pitch. Dev told him his observations and then Virat said with a smirk. "Chal runs ki barish karte hai aaj." Dev chuckled and smiled in affirmation.

The duo put together a solid and destructive performance. The ladies on the stands were cheering for them with excitement while the crowds were enjoying their Paisa vasool match.

Dev was nearing his 50 now as he had crossed 40. Radhika crossed her fingers and just kept chanting "You can do this Dev. You can do this." . Dev played mature shots and kept rotating the strike. He was on 47 and on strike. Radhika was watching the match with her heart in her throat and not moving an inch from her seat. Dev took his stance for the ball and readied him for the next ball. The bowler bowled the ball and Dev played a reverse sweep. The ball went straight for a boundary

Commentator : and with that beautiful sweep shot the ball went for a straight four. Devdutt Padikkal brings up his 50. An excellent innings was played by the young man.

"WOOOO HOOOOO!" Shouted Radhika as she jumped out of her seat and clapped for him. She was almost about to cry but controlled herself. Virat patted Dev's back and Dev showed his bat to the crowd cheering and to the VIP section. He looked at Radhika and saw pure admiration and happiness in her eyes. He smiled at her and went back to the crease. Radhika saw the happiness on his eyes and seeing him like that made her happy.

Dev kept on playing but on 67 when he was playing a shot he got clean bowled. He was upset by his judgement and walked outside but he was happy he was able to stay on the crease and be able to play for a longer time. The boys played well with Shreyas Iyer ending their innings with four. Team India put on a good show and put up a target of 287.

The second innings started and the boys entered the field. They were not able to get the wickets till the 10th over but after that the wickets started to fall down quickly. The ball was bowled slow and yet the batter tried to hit for a six. The ball went up high but not far. Dev took a dive to catch it and caught it. Everybody cheered loudly as it was a wicket of a set batsmen.

The rest of the game was like a cake walk for Team India. The wickets kept on falling and India won the first ODI. The crowd were cheering out loud for the win. The ladies in the VIP gave high fives to each other when Athiya said "What an exciting match it was!" Exclaimed Radhika standing up. "It's always a treat to watch them play." Says Athiya as everybody got up. "Let's go meet them." Suggested Sanjana as they started to walk towards the dressing room.