Chapter 31

THIRD PERSON POV.

Everyone was a bit shaken up after listening to all that, especially the ladies as they listened to it from the start. Yes they are of new ideologies and don't believe in all this but the way he described her life from the start, he was correct at that part. So was he right about the latter as well. They didn't even want to think like that, or something happening to Radhika.

They gave their thalis to the pujari of the mandir and closed their eyes to pray but none of them had a peace of mind. The men had heard just what he said to Dev but even that sounded scary. Radhika hasn't spoken a word since then. She believed in God and everything related so when he said that something might happen to her was fearsome. Her hands were trembling when she folded it in front of the idol.

When everyone was busy praying Dev softly asked Ritika who was standing a bit at the back, "Bhabhi wo Sadhu kya bol raha tha pehele?" The tensity on her face was evident when she somehow described what the Sadhu said in simpler words. The colour of his face completely drained when he heard that. To say he was petrified of it would have been an understatement. When they exited from the mandir they could still see the sadhu sitting under the tree.

Dev took Radhika's hand and walked from the other side, keeping her away from him. Everyone else did the same, keeping distance from the sadhu. Dev couldn't explain what he was feeling right now. He didn't believe in all this but even the mere thought of something happening to the woman who held his hand throughout did not settle with him well.

He didn't say anything and opened the door for Radhika. She quietly sat down knowing there was nothing to speak right now. Dev said to Hardik "Bhai I am driving." Hardik said "Koi baat nahi Dev mai karta hu.". "Nahi bhai mai kar leta hu." Hardik nodded as he thought Dev wanted some distraction and gave him the keys.

Everyone sat in the car with Dev, Radhika, Hardik, Natasha, Agastya, Rohit, Ritika and Sammay. Aashita and Mayank went on the bike and others in another car. The tension in the car was thick so Hardik tried to change the topic by saying "Aaj weather acha hai na." Radhika knew they would be equally tense and if she didn't say anything it would increase the intensity of the situation. So Radhika gulped down her own emotions and replied "Ha acha hai. Hum sham ko beach pe jayenge." Dev just tightened his hold on the steering wheel.

In the other car as Virat was driving the car he asked "Exactly kya bola kya usne?". Athiya was looking out of the car and said "Something which we can't even bear to listen to." She then told them what he said and the boys in the car were beyond furious. "Uski himmat kaisi hui Radhu ke bare mai ese bolne ki." Shubhaman said in anger. "Exactly! Ese kaise bol sakta hai wo!" Added KL. Anushka exhaled and said "Jo bhi tha. Bada disturbing tha. Virat badi ajeeb feeling aa rahi hai. Kahi jo unhone kaha vo..." Virat cut her and said "No Anushka. Don't even say it."

Ishan Kishan said "Guys shant. Hum bhi kaha kisi ki bhi baaton pe bharosa kar rahe hai. Apni Radha ko kuch nahi hoga." Everybody nodded when Athiya asked a question which was left hanging in the air "Hum sab itna soch rahe hai, to Dev aur Radha kya soch rahe honge?"

They all reached the house as they got down and went inside the house. When they all were in the hall Dev took a deep breath and said "Guys jo bhi hua mandir Mai, vo Sadhu ne jo bhi bola usse bhul jate hai. Maine bahut socha aur hum kisi ese vese ki baton pe kyun vishwas kare? Hume to aadat bhi to hai iss sabki. Kitne haters roj bolte hai aisa kuch hume. To sab bhul jao okay?" Dev thought about all this in the car and thought in mind 'Koi bhi aayega aur kuch bhi kahega vo sach thodi na hoga.' Everybody nodded and went to the room to change, the atmosphere becoming a bit lighter.

Dev entered the room to find Radhika standing on the balcony. He knew whatever the sadhu said would affect Radhika as she believes in all this. Dev went behind her and asked "Kya soch rahi ho itna? Dekho vo sadhu ki baaton ke bare me itna mat socho.". Radhika turned around and was on the verge of crying. She can be strong for the whole world but with him, she is raw, emotional and without any filters.