Chapter 26

THIRD PERSON POV.

"Ma?" Said Radhika as she saw her mother and her big sister with her husband in front of her at her house door. Her mother hugged Radhika and said "Hello bacha. How are you?" Radhika hugged her mother back and said "I am good Ma. How are you?" Radhika's mother parts away and says "I am fit and fine as you can see." Radhika then even hugged her sister and her jiju as in the whole family she really liked her sister and jiju.

As they all came in Radhika noticed they didn't have any luggage so she asked "Aap sab ka saman?". Her mother said "We left it at the hotel. We thought it would be convenient for you if we stayed at the hotel." Radhika just nodded at that and asked further "So you are having dinner here right?"  "Of Course. In Fact I am gonna cook for you." Her mother said entering the kitchen. "Ma you don't have to do this. You must be tired." Said Radhika but her mother said "Oh Nonsense. I am perfectly fine." She then touched Radhika's cheek and said "Waise bhi kitne din Ho Gaye mene tumhare liye khana banaye. Kitni Patli bhi ho gayi hai. Khana khati ho ki nahi."

Radhika chuckled and said "Khati hu Ma. Aao atleast Mai help karti hu aapki.". Radhika said going towards the cabinets but her mother stopped her "No. I will prepare everything. You go talk to your sister." Radhika smiled and was leaving when she asked her mother "Vese yaha achanak?" Her mother answered "Kya kare tujhe to time nahi hai hamare paas Aane ke to hum hi aa gaye." Radhika knew she said she would visit them at Christmas but Megha's wedding was there so she didn't go to her family. "Sorry ma." Radhika apologized. Her mother smiled and said "No worries Radha, after all we are family."

Radhika smiled at that and went into the living room to talk to her sister and Jiju. She realised how much she missed it. The way the house was filled with the aroma of her mom's cooking, her sister and she watching TV and laughing, her jiju being her best friend. She missed them.

While Radhika and her older sister were watching the TV her older sister asked "So Radha how's life going?". Radhika smiled and said "It's going well, how about you guys?"  "It's good. So any boyfriend yet?" Radhika blushed a bit at that. Earlier she used to straight away say that nothing is there but this time the case was different. She thought they had just started and it's too early to tell her family about it so she decided not to. "No, nothing." Said Radhika with fake confidence. Her sister nodded and hugged her saying "That's okay you would find someone."

Her mother brought the plates out in the living room and everybody was eating when Her mother asked Radhika "Radha are you free this weekend?" Radhika gave it a thought and then answered "No, I don't have anything important. Are you guys planning something?" All three except Radhika exchanged looks with each other and then her mother said "We were actually planning to go to Mumbai."

Radhika looked up from her plate and asked "Mumbai? Why there?" Her mother said "Actually we were thinking of meeting Deshmukh's you remember you Baba's friend.". Radhika was a bit surprised by the sudden meeting and asked the same "Why all of a sudden?". Her mother took a deep breath before saying the next "Actually Deshmukh's son is around your age so, we just wanted you to meet him."

As the realisation dawned upon Radhika her eyes widened "Ma, no. I don't want an arranged marriage." Especially not when now I have Dev in my life. She said the latter in her mind. Her mother tried to convince her saying "Bala, at least meet him. I am not telling you to get married the very next day but you would have to start from somewhere right. You are not getting any younger.". Radhika looked at her sister for the rescue but her sister said "Just meet him Radha. He is well settled, also belongs to the Commerce field so you would have so much in common. Just meet him this weekend."

Radhika got up and said "I told you guys already I don't want an arranged marriage and I am still young so don't worry I will find someone. There's no need to do all this." Radhika had been avoiding it for a long time now but this time her family felt determined. Plus she hasn't even discussed with Dev about whether it's time to tell our families about them or they should wait for sometime. It's all new for them and she didn't want to put pressure on him.