Chapter 22 - Fallen

The large trandoshan moved with a lethal efficiency as it repeatedly brought its heavy weapon down upon Jolis. Despite its size, the creature had a fluidity to its movement as it seamlessly flowed from one strike to the next.

Jolis, on the other hand, was in full retreat. Unable to balance himself to mount a proper offensive, the beast kept Jolis on his back foot as they found their way outside of the communication room and down various hallways.

The trandoshan brought its double bladed weapon down atop Jolis as the latter raised his weapon high to meet it. He kept the blade slightly tilted to allow the heavy weapon of his opponent to slide down his own blade. This opened up a counter opportunity which Jolis moved to take advantage of but the other half of the creature's blade quickly swept across Jolis' left side as the trandoshan spun to recover.

Blow for blow, the creature had the advantage. It was noticeably stronger, faster and much more experienced than Jolis. Even so, the trandoshan beast had yet to land a hit. Jolis, however, had the suspicion that his opponent was trying to tire him out.

As he relied heavily upon the Force to keep his attention and focus sharp in order to maintain an effective defense, the countereffect was that he was indeed beginning to feel the onset of fatigue.

Jolis tried to create a gap between himself and the creature but he was unable to maintain any sort of distance. The beast's energy seemed limitless as it continued to bear down upon him. Jolis was simply unable to find his footing.

The trandoshan's blade swept for Jolis' legs as the latter leapt into the air. Throwing a kick with his right foot, Jolis felt the satisfaction as his attack landed heavily upon the face of his opponent which succeeded in knocking him back slightly.

Now presented with the opening and distance he'd been looking for, Jolis reached out with the Force and pushed a blast of energy towards the trandoshan. Jolis, however, was fatigued at this point. The push was enough to knock his attacker back but not off of its feet.

"Your newfound powers are not enough, little human," replied the beast.

The creature let out a roar as it charged at Jolis once again. This time, however, its attacks were much more intense.

The attacks seemed to be coming from all angles as Jolis did his best to defend against the beast and the unfamiliar weapon it wielded. Continuing his backwards retreat, Jolis felt his foot go up against the wall. He shifted positions but the trandoshan did so as well, effectively trapping Jolis.

In a brief moment of hesitation while regarding his next move, Jolis left himself open as the beast swiped his weapon aside and followed through with a swift strike with the back of its left hand.

The hit landed hard against the side of Jolis' face as he began seeing stars.

The creature then swung around backwards to create some distance between itself and Jolis. Pointing its right forearm gauntlet at Jolis, the trandoshan pushed a button on it which caused it to fire a small projectile at his opponent.

At once, Jolis' entire body shook with electrical current as he screamed out in terrible pain. His sword fell from his hands as Jolis lost the ability to control his muscle movements. The shock lasted only a moment before Jolis collapsed to the ground in a heap.

Exhausted, still seeing stars and unable to control his muscles, Jolis knew he was completely helpless as he saw the beast pacing in front of him.

"These powers you wield have made one even as insignificant as you a potent enemy," the trandoshan stated. "We have been looking for you. From system to system, from planet to planet, the masters have been scouring the galaxy in search of you. Fire, pain and death have finally drawn you out. It is you the masters seek. The powers you display are much like their own awakened abilities. The words they now speak are of the future. They knew you would come to this vessel."