Chapter 4

"Hey Rachel. Are you busy today after school? I need to talk to you. Call me. Bye." I left Rachel a voice mail right after I left Amelia sitting in her car. She couldn't be a vampire hunter. Vampire hunters aren't real, let alone vampires. But then why would she lie? I shook my head. I didn't want to think about it anymore. As I turned into the hallway of school I bumped into Jeremy who was exiting the biology lab. "Sorry." I looked up at him. Although I am tall, he was amazingly taller. "I was heading to the bathroom." He replied with a smile which soon wilted. "Are you okay?" He asked noticing that I wasn't exactly happy to see him. "Um...it's complicated. Just...er...friend drama." I said trying not to get into details. If I had to explain that Amelia was a vampire hunter to him, he'd think I was nuts. "Oh ok." He said trying to figure out what was going on in my head. I looked up at him again and straight into his blue, blue eyes. I know he's my friend and all...but he is really gorgeous. I imagined him right now picking me up and kissing me. I would wrap my legs around his waist and he'd shove me into the locker where we'd make out for what felt like hours. "Hey, how about after school I walk you to that ice cream place near your house?" He asked smacking me out of my delightful daydream. I didn't want it to end. "Ok. That'd be nice. Thanks." I replied trying to avoid eye contact. I picked at the zipper on my purse. "Ok so I'll meet you in the parking lot right after school." He said turning his body to the men's room. "Bye." I waved. He smiled and walked the opposite way.

"What did you need?" Rachel asked as we walked out of the back doors of school. "I can't tell you here. Can you come back to my house?" I told her grabbing her arm and pulling her to the sidewalk. "Um...ok?" She said looking around like someone was watching us. "Why?" She said pulling away from my grasp. "It's about Amelia. She said something and I'm kinda worried." I said stopping I'm my path to look at Rachel in her blue eyes. She looked utterly shocked like she didn't know what to say. I could quite read her expression.

Once we reached my house after silently walking for four blocks I ushered her inside. "Ok. Go." She said as she took off her backpack and sat in the blue denim love seat in my living room. "Ok so today I found Amelia's little pouch in the schoolyard," I proceed to tell her what happened in the car, "and I really think she's lying to me but I don't know, I mean she seemed super serious..." I paused waiting for a response. There was an awkward silence in the room. "Ok. Don't freak out." She finally said looking down at me with shy eyes. When someone tells you not to freak out, what do you do? Ding, ding, ding! You FREAK OUT!! She stood up and walked over to the mantle on my fireplace and took a big wax candle out of its glass holder. "What are you doing?" I asked. She didn't answer. She just placed the candle on my dark brown coffee table. "Rach-" I went to say but then she out her hand up as if to silence me. "Phasmatus Ignitium Dos Ex Salvo, Phasmatis Ignitium Dos On Salvo, Phasmatis Ignitium Dos On Salvo." She chanted. Soon the candle lit. "Whoa." I said frightened. I stood up from my place and hid behind my couch. "H...how did you do that?" I asked. She looked over at me. "I'm a witch and Amelia really is a vampire hunter." She said. "That's not possible. They're not real." I shook my head in disbelief. "No they're real, alright..." She nodded. "And you know that prophecy you were talking about," she paused, "you're part of it too." She answered. I looked around the room trying to figure out what the hell is happening. I am NOT part of a prophecy! Rachel stood up and walked towards me very slowly. I backed away and headed towards the door. "No!" I yelled and ran for the door. I flung the door open and bolted down the block. As I was running down the sidewalk, I could feel tears rolling down my face. I kept running until I hit into a hard and muscular chest. Jeremy. This boy could not have more perfect timing. I looked up at his tasseled dark brown hair and the confused look on his face. I wrapped my arms around his torso and squeezed. It took him a few milliseconds to realize what was happening but then he hugged me back. It felt warm and comforting. I cried into his black t-shirt in the middle of the sidewalk. My head was spinning with all this new information. Like literally it felt like I was spinning. Rachel was a witch, Amelia was a vampire hunter and I was part of a magical prophecy. I didn't want to believe it. I really hoped I would just close my eyes and wake up and this would all be a dream. The last thing I remember was seeing Jeremy's concerned face looking down at me as he held me in his arms. Then everything went blurry and I passed out.

**THANK YOU, THANK YOU! I KNOW IT WAS AWESOME. PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT AND JUST SO YOU KNOW I HAVE BIG PLANS FOR THE FUTURE. SO BE PATIENT WITH ME!**