Chapter 18

Bethany's POV

I walked nervously alongside Arthur on the sidewalk outside my house. Thoughts crossed my head. What if my parents were to come back from vacation and find a house full of supernaturals? What if Arthur snapped and drank me dry? What were we going to do in Florida? I shook my head. One step at a time. I repeated to myself. The air outside was warm and damp like it was going to rain. The sun was hidden behind clouds slowly chilling the Earth. My legs were getting goosebumps from the wind. This moment right now was very scary. It was the perfect setting for a murder. "Bethany?" Arthur asked. I smiled awkwardly. "Are you ok?" He asked grinning. Shudder. "Yeah, it's just cold. That's all." I responded hoping I didn't sound scared. "Ok. Do you think we'll see any squirrels?" He questioned scratching his right palm avoiding eye contact. I stepped over a crack in the sidewalk. "Probably. There are a lot here in Georgia." I said. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a black figure move through the trees. I looked at Arthur just making sure he was still there. Then I stopped dead in the middle of sidewalk and looked around. There was no one outside. I mean sure, it was a little chilly for June but that usually didn't stop people. "Are you sure you're ok?" He asked again. I turned around to where he was standing. "Arthur look out!" I yelled. A man in dark jeans and a black hoodie stood behind Arthur. He whipped around but the man was gone. I spun around in search of him. "RUN!" He yelled loudly. I ran down the street back to my house. I ran as fast as my well-toned legs could carry me. Flop! I fell flat on the concrete. I scrambled to get up. I looked back to see what I tripped on. "Ahhhhhhh!" I screamed. Mrs. Fisherdean, my next door neighbor, lay dead on sidewalk. She was covered completely in blood. How did I miss her when I was running? I willed my legs to run but I was too shocked to move. Then I spun around and the man was standing there. It all happened so fast. He dug his teeth into my neck. I screamed again. Then everything started to go blurry. I remember seeing Arthur running towards me. Arthur snapped the man's neck and he fell onto the floor. His limp body lying on the grass. I fell into Arthur's arms. And the last thing I remembered was Arthur biting his wrist and shoving it into my mouth. I wasn't sure what was happening but a few sweet drops fell onto my tongue. Then nothing.

**TO HOLD YOU OVER UNTIL NEXT TIME. SORRY IT'S BEEN A WHILE SINCE I LAST UPDATED. HOPE YOU LIKED THIS ONE. I'LL BE QUICKER WITH CHAPTER 19. DON'T FORGET TO VOTE, COMMENT, AND TELL YOUR FRIENDS AND FOLLOWERS. BYE!**