Chapter 3

"A few weeks ago a guy came up to me when I was on my way home from school. He told me not to be afraid and I actually trusted him. I can't explain why...I mean you know me, I trust no one. But it was weird...it was like every muscle in my body was telling me to trust him and that it was okay. So he took me to the park and explained." I paused. I could tell by the look on Bethany's face that she was utterly confused. She had no idea whether I was telling the truth or not. It was like she really wanted to believe me but she just wasn't buying it. "He told me that I was part of this prophecy. Then he showed me this thing on his wrist. He said he was branded. He said only people like him could see it...and that I was one of them. Eventually it would happen to me too." I smiled a little trying to reassure her. "He told me that he would train me and soon I would be ready to join the society and fulfill the prophecy. A few days ago...I was branded. It hurt like hell," I laughed weirdly trying to make it seem ok, "but I'm ready." I showed her my wrist. She looked down obviously not seeing anything. She opened her mouth and I knew it was going to go downhill from there. "Ready for what!?!? A secret society? A prophecy? Branding? What the hell is going on, Amelia?" Bethany yelled. It felt like my car was closing in on us. "I swear...I'm not crazy." I answered calmly. "What is happening?!" She yelled again. "He told me I was a vampire hunter!" I yelled back. There was a long, long, long pause. "You can't be serious!?!" She looked at me with a wild look in her eyes. "I swear I am." I answered looking down at my wrist. "You know...I thought we were friends. And friends don't tell each other lies." She unlocked the passenger door. "But I am your friend and I'm not lying." I responded and reached out for her hand. "No!" She yelled as she turned and got out of the car. "I'm sorry...I'll...I'll call you soon. Okay?" She slammed the door shut behind her. I watched as she walked back to into the school. I put my head down and looked at my branded wrist. Then I reached over and pulled my phone out of my jacket pocket.

Just told Bethany. Did not take it well. I texted Rachel. She knew my secret and I thought just maybe she could convince Bethany to understand.

OK. Will talk to her. R u OK? She answered.

I'll be fine. Thx. Call me soon. :| I relied. I shut my phone off and put in back in my pocket. "Okay." I whispered to myself. A breeze hit my face as I opened the car door to head back to class.

**I KNOW IM LATE WITH THIS CHAPTER. SORRY. WILL UPDATE AGAIN SOON. WILDMUSIC_CRAFT I GET THAT YOU LOVE IT BUT DONT RUSH PERFECTION PLEASE. THANKS TO YOU GUYS FOR READING AND DONT FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE!**