Chapter 2

"Mom I don't think I'm doing it right." I said to my mom. "Rachel, you have to focus. I know it seems difficult but this is one of the easiest spells you can do and pretty soon you'll be doing this like that." My mom snapped her fingers. She was always encouraging me to do my best at everything but this was definitely not something I could ever picture her doing. We sat across from each other at the kitchen island with one unlit candle in front of me. My mom was teaching me to light the candle using my magic. Now three months ago if I was doing this I would've thought that my mother had lost it. If you haven't already gathered she's a witch and just recently I discovered that I have powers too. "Sweetie just focus and then try again. I believe in you." She said reaching out for my hand. "Phasmatus Ignitium Dos Ex Salvo, Phasmatis Ignitium Dos On Salvo, Phasmatis Ignitium Dos On Salvo." I repeat. I open my eyes and look down at the lit candle. "You did it Rachel." She says. I smile. "Now you're going to be late for school. Remember what we talked about." She looks down sternly at me. "I know. Don't use my magic." I roll my eyes playfully like the teenagers in those movies. She smiles. "Now go." She shoos me off the bar stool. "Love you." She yells from the kitchen as I make my way to the door. "I can do this. I just can't tell Bethany or Amelia." I whisper to myself as I head to my car.

*ALRIGHT, I KNOW THIS CHAPTER WAS SUPER SHORT BUT THATS BECAUSE CHAPTER 3 WILL PROBABLY BE PUBLISHED TOMORROW SO YOU'LL HAVE TO SURVIVE UNTIL THEN. I SWEAR IT'LL BE GOOD. AND AS ALWAYS PLEASE VOTE AND COMMENT!*