Chapter 6

Bethany had just woken up a few hours ago. Jeremy had left and we'd all called our parents saying that we'd be sleeping over at Bethany's house. Rachel had already called her Grandma and I'd called Sean, my vampire hunter mentor. None of them knew anything about the red ribbon now branded on her arm. Sean said he'd send his son, Nathan, to help figure out what's happening. "Ok. So I've been processing this whole thing but I can't help but wonder what you've told Arthur." Bethany asked holding her pointer finger to her chin. Rachel looked up from her grimoire. "Yeah, what did you tell him?" She asked gently folding her spell book closed. Arthur was my best guy friend in the universe. I met him when my family was vacationing in England. Bethany and Rachel say that he and I boyfriend and girlfriend but I don't think he sees me like that. Anyway, I found out he was just visiting his grandfather there and he really lived in the next town over. So from there, we became friends. I mean he's cute with his blonde hair and forest green eyes and he's from England do he's got a cute accent but I really don't see him as anything more than a friend. Whereas Rachel tells me I'm oblivious and he totally likes me. Whatever. "I haven't told him anything. He left for Canada with his family to visit his Aunt Marie. She has cancer and they were going to spend her final days together. I didn't really want to tell him that I was a vampire hunter while he was going through that...especially not over the phone, 'Hi Arthur, how's your dying aunt? Fine? Oh good. Anyway, before I go...I'm a vampire hunter. Safe flight.'" I mimicked hanging up a phone with my hand. Rachel and Bethany looked at me with blank, unreadable expressions on their faces. Rachel shook her head, "Ok. When's Nathan going to be here?" She asked trying to change the subject. "Sean said by tonight. They only live a few hours away." I said. Bethany was staring at her wrist. "It's o-". I stopped halfway into my sentence and started screaming like hell. A shooting pain was gong up my back and my whole neck felt hot. Then I blacked out and the last thing I remember was hitting my head on the floor and Rachel standing over me. Then nothing.

**I KNOW. SUPER SHORT AND NOT TOO INTERESTING BUT IT WAS IMPORTANT AND THE NEXT ONE WILL BE BETTER. I SWEAR. DONT FORGET TO COMMENT AND VOTE!**