Chapter 14: The Ultimatum

"If you are negotiating you must do so in a spirit of reconciliation. Not from the point of view of issuing ultimatums." - Nelson Mandela

Sarah's POV

It was the usual busy office day. Good thing at magweweeekend na, pwede na naman akong bumisita ulit sa Villa para magchill kahit sandali. Malapit nang matapos ang mga pinapagawa kong camping cabins, baka next month ay ready na siyang buksan for the public. Despite my tight schedule, paminsan minsan sumasagi parin sa isip ko si Tanch, although it was like a brief summer romance but I can't make my mind to forget her.

It is true after all, that the people or events that we happen to regret, was something that made us the happiest. Difficult as may seem but I need to live. I can't let myself down again, not this time. I can't let myself be trapped again from the ghost of the past. Well, that's the reality of life, some love stories last, some don't. This world is cruel, right? The funny thing about love is that a sincere human being gets rejected while the cheater gets two. Just so wow!

And as for Tanch, after our encounter in the cell site, walang tigil siyang magpadala ng kung ano - a bouquet of flowers, chocolate, foods, you can name all gifts but no. I am done with her, hindi ako magpapadala sa mga panunuyo niya. The nerve of that woman! For the fact that she knew my life story, paano niya nagawang saktan at lokohin ako? At ngayon nagmamaang maangan pa siya kung ano ang nagawa niya.

Buti nalang talaga at tumigil na siya sa kakapadala ng kung mga ano dahil wala na talaga akong balak na pansinin siya, she's good as a ghost to me.

"Earth calling Sarah Joy Garcia! Thinking about her again?" Here goes my best friend na walang tigil kakakulit sa akin. I remained silent, wala ako sa mood ngayon para pag usapan na naman ang buhay ko.

"Tama na yan! Why don't we go out tonight?" Rinig ko ulit na salita niya.

As much as I don't want to, but I know hindi ako tatantanan nito.

"Don't you have a business to run, sir? I thought you're back in HongKong?" I said while straightening my back on my seat.

He raised an eyebrow. "You do know that I have much more business here than anywhere in the world."

I smiled mischievously. "Oh! Really? I'm sure your grandmother will be so pleased about it."

He threw a dark glare. "Sarah Joy, did you tell them that I am here? I thought we already agreed?"

I smiled even more, nang makaganti man lang ng konti sa lalaking to. Pero kahit na makulit at chismoso tong tao to, I would always trust him in anyways.

"Did you?" Naiirita niyang ulit sa tanong niya kanina.

I bursted out laughing. "I didn't know that you're scared of your Nonna, Alex. Calm down, will you? I didn't say a word to your grandmother but let me tell you this, they're coming very soon, Dad invited them to the opening."

He released a heavy sigh. "Good thing you told me that. You know how cunning my grandmother could be, I just don't want her to interfere with the affairs of the heart."

"I should say, bilisan mo na yan before pa malaman ni Nonna. Make her say YES, as in ASAP or else you'll find yourself dancing in tune in the palm of her hands. Sige ka!"

"You know what? You're giving me a headache. I really wish that you would not fall into the same kind of situation just like mine." Inis na inis niyang sabi.

"Oh really, Alex? I was already in the same kind of situation - Dad's matchmaking skills are unbelievable but he doesn't do any manipulation. That's the difference."