Chapter 17: The Deal that seals her Fate Forever

"Fate, dear Brutus. Lies not with the stars but within ourselves." - Julius Caesar

Tanch's POV

I can't hide the satisfaction in my smile when Sarah decided to show up in my office. As I have told her, it would be her who will grace us with her presence. She must have been really furious when I called off the partnership. But then again, I already gave her a warning beforehand. She didn't quite imagine that I am serious after all.

Now, it's very obvious that she's having an internal debate about the help that I've been asking her. I can't help but to feel a little excitement, I wonder what might be running through her head.

"Say, if I help you with your quest do you promise that the partnership will push through?" There she said it.

"Yes. I promise." I told her seriously because I really meant it.

"But I don't trust your words Miss Lobete!" She informed me as if I was not in front of her.

I smiled a little. "You wounded me, Sarah. I promise this time you can count on my words." I said with sincerity to assure her that I will keep my promise.

"Just keep your promises this time or else I will really kill you." She said with coldness. Natakot tuloy ako ng konti.

" You don't have to be murderous." I answered before I pushed the bottom of my intercom.

"Andrea, do you remember the documents that we sent back to Pacific Loop? You saved a copy of it, right? Bring them to my office."

"Still don't trust me, Sarah?"

My secretary immediately came inside with the papers that I've been asking for. Without any delay I sign the papers to make the partnership official. After signing I focused my attention on the. woman in question. "Satisfied?"

I saw the satisfaction in her face once I finished signing the papers for the partnership.

"Okay. Okay, I'll help you find a boyfriend that your father would approve of." Finally she agrees. She made me so happy with her decision. She didn't really agree, you forced her. Such a devil! The voice in my head reprimanded.

I smiled brightly at her. "Very good. I've been waiting for this day that you'll finally say yes."

She glared at me. She can really be icy if she wants to. I am starting to like this frosty side of her more than her warm and charismatic aura. "Let me remind you, you just left me with no choice so I agreed. If only the partnership is not important then you will never see me in your very office!" She retorted. "And when do you intend for me to start?" She added.

"As soon as possible." I answered briefly.

"Okay, let's see what I can do." She said shortly. If I didn't pay attention I would have missed the grin on her lips that she immediately wiped off. "One thing, Miss Lobete!" she started.

"Yes?"

"I want a contract."

"A contract?" I repeated for myself.

Mockery flashed in her smile. "I want a contract, after all this is also a business deal. I want a contract with a clause stating you are not allowed to harass and you're forbidden to talk or touch me with any desire otherwise it would be a breach of contract. And I am free to walk away from this."

I only managed to stare at her in disbelief. She's more devious than myself. "Why? Natatakot kaba? Natatakot ka bang iseduce kita? Am I that dangerous to your heart?" I asked with deviltry playing in my lips.