Chapter 13: She's Back!

"Heaven has no rage like love to hatred turned, nor Hell a fury like a woman scorned."

-William Congreve, The Mourning Bride

Manila, Philippines

6 Months Later...

Sarah's POV

"Sinungaling!" Malakas na sigaw ko in the back of my mind.

Kakabalik ko lang ng Manila, medyo matagal din akong hindi naka uwi. Almost 5 months ako sa Sweden for a Tech Summit and Collab. I'm just excited because I brought with me sa pag uwi ko ang isang new technology that will change our telecommunications, way faster than 5G and 6G mobile networks. And our company will be the first one to use such technology among the companies in the ASEAN region.

Despite my hectic schedule in the company, there were times I still felt awful with how things turned out just like now. A while ago, I was in a good mood, but now it feels like someone has pissed me off. Well, maybe or maybe not.

Crisp sound of footsteps sounded, and I knew it wasn't my secretary because it was the sound of steady men's leather shoes.

"You're too early for that." Bungad ng isang malamig na boses ng lalaki.

I raised an eyebrow. If it happens to be another person, it might be scared to death by now because of my look and aura. No one would dare to irate me, not one or else there's hell to pay for it. But since he is not another person, he just stands there with a mocking expression.

"Good Morning Your Highness to what do I owe you for this early visit?"

"Well, I just want to see you." He said, still sporting his mocking smile.

"Don't bullshit me Alesso! If you're here to annoy me, please don't, I have many things to do."

"Loosen up, Cara! I am not here to pester you, I'm just a little worried given your reputation. Don't let your emotions get too high, let it go, so you can move forward."

"Thanks, dear. I really need that." I give him a hug. "Anyway, what are you doing here in the Philippines?"

He slightly rubbed his jaw. "I am overseeing a project in Hongkong and heard that you came home already so I reckon I'll pay you a visit. How was Sweden?" Pagpapaliwanag niya.

"Sweden's good, we're ready to shake the mobile network industry." I announced.

"That's great! I am proud of you all."

We're busy discussing things over the collaboration and with my stay in Europe, when my intercom sounded.

"Yes, Gia?" I answered my secretary.

"Sorry to interrupt you ma'am. There's just a small problem, one of our cell sites..."

"What about it?" agad kong tanong.

"The landowner has stopped the construction of our cell site because they insist that it was illegal and without proper permit." Nagaalala niyang pahayag seeing the changes in my aura.

"Location, please. I will go over there now." Naiinis kong demand sa kanya.

"Right away. I'll send the GPS coordinates to your phone." Nagmamadali niyang sagot.

"Alex, I've got to go, I'll just attend to this matter." Nagmamadali ko ring paalam kay Alesso.

Agad siyang tumayo mula sa pagkakaupo. "Wait, I'll go with you."

I was surprised by his announcement. "Are you sure? If that's so, hurry up will you?"

We immediately straight ahead to the parking. I looked around for my keys but I can't find it. Shoot! Naiwan ko pa ata sa taas. Babalik na sana ako sa taas ng pigilan ako ni Alex.