"Happier"

"JAKE, TELL ME WHAT'S WRONG?!" 

"Hailey...it's okay, I'm okay..."

"If you keep on keeping secrets...this won't work now, I'm so sorry Jake..."

~~~

It's been two weeks since that argument. Jake seemed to be doing a lot better now, much to my sadness. He already ditched his old friends and he barely hangs out with our group anymore. Instead, Jake's been hanging out more with his new best friend, Lia. The girl who had a crush on him forever and Jake finally gave her a chance.

Her beautiful black hair, dark skin and a heart earring... Jake even got a heart necklace to match with her earring...

All I can think about is that I should've been a lot softer with Jake, he can't take well to others yelling at him. I'm not sure what happened to me too. I feel...awful now that I've been like that to Jake. All Jake wanted was some space and I was too overbearing.

Being at my home doesn't make it any better, I moved out of Jake's apartment and went back to my parents. My dad seemed to be out for blood until I explained what actually happened. It's been a month since it happened but I still feel awful for all the things I did.

~~

"Jake, you know you can talk to me about anything right? I won't get mad," I stated with a smile. Jake seemed a lot more hesitant to talk though, it was like that time when he saw Sean and Daisy hanging out while holding hands.

"Hailey, I'm ok. It's ok..."

It was like when he first confessed to me that he only joined the music club to ask Daisy out. Now Jake seemed to be straying further and further from that statement. He wanted to hang out with our group now and I was happy about that.

I liked him for a long time but in arguments, we both bring up our pasts of insulting each other seriously, which is probably one of the reasons Jake's been so distant lately.

~~

"Hailey, are you feeling okay?" A voice made my head popped up to see my step mum, who looked sympathetic. All I can do is give her a forced smile and couldn't do anything else...

"I know you, Hailey, you're more like Zander than you think you are, sometimes things just don't work out. If Jake managed to move on within a month, I'm sure you can move on too." My step mum continued to find words to comfort me. All I can do is hold back my tears and my heart was shaking. Before I could fight it, my eyes started to water and tears started rolling down my cheek.

~~~

I realised that I may not have been the best girlfriend to Jake. Looking back at his texts and everything with him. I was always trying to bother him, even when he was genuinely busy. I also was a bit annoying and barely listened to him. Maybe that's why he ran to Lia... However, my heart still aches for Jake and I even kept the beautiful sapphire bracelet Jake gave me as a present. 

I can't let Jake go, sure the club has been there to comfort me but they still consider Jake a friend but we hang out separately. I knew that they didn't want me to see Jake as it'll make the two of us feel awkward.

There were some days that I would see Jake and Lia, holding hands and being happy together. Jake looked a lot happier with her than he was with me. Jake doesn't look secretive or tense anymore. I felt...forgotten. I knew that Jake seemed a lot happier but I kind of wish he wasn't...happier.

"I hope you're happy but don't be happier..."

~~~

A/N: WHEN YOU THOUGHT I WAS GONNA DO FLUFF, HELL NAH. Jokes aside, this is a mix of a vent about my first ex (ew) and me and the song "Happier" by Olivia Rodrigo. I just try to project that onto TMF characters. Also, listen to Olivia Rodrigo's songs, it's so good.