Be Yourself

It was another day, Daisy and Jake were hanging out with the rest of the band at the park. Daisy and Jake were sitting on the bench. Milly was bolting away from Elliot with his glasses, Luke and Zander holding hands and Hailey was missing from the scene. She had an errand to run today so she couldn't hang out with the band. Well, Sean is also missing due to his parents taking him away for a vacation. Daisy and Jake had been getting closer lately, with Jake stuttering less and less around Daisy. 

During this time, Daisy and Jake were being good friends and wondering if they could be any more than that...

"Jake? Do you ever wonder what other people really think of me?" Daisy asked Jake, tilting her head while smiling slightly. This is one of the things that Jake loves about Daisy, her tilting her head when she's confused, it's adorable in a weird kind of way. "I mean, I can't really show my real self at school..."

Jake sighed but replied with a smile. Ever since he got closer to Daisy, Daisy is becoming more and more like her real self, not the 'cute' girl facade she puts on at school. Daisy was sporty, she loves dancing and loves music. She hid those for Head Girl duties and dance lessons. He didn't know what to say until Daisy raised her brow in confusion.

"I guess so, I know people won't hate you though," Jake replied and smiled at the white-haired girl. 

Internally, Jake was somewhat panicking. He should've confessed to Daisy right then and there, he loves her so much, in love with her even and it's killing him inside due to the lack of 'feelings' Daisy returned for him. 

"That's why I like you, Jake, you're so likeable, nice and not afraid to be yourself..." Daisy trailed off and sighed, looking down on the floor. Daisy was not wearing her usual white and blue dress, she was wearing a jumper, similar colour to Jake's jacket and her beautiful long hair was tied up to a ponytail. It seems like she decided to wear clothes that matched with Jake's sense of fashion for once. 

"Daisy...It's okay, it'll be okay and you should be yourself," Jake replied with a small smile. He scoot closer to the white-haired woman and gave her a hug. Inside his stomach, he felt butterflies flying around. It was what he always wanted to do, hug her and reassure the girl he loves so much that she'll be alright.

"Thanks Jake..." Daisy murmured and returned the hug, smiling as her face started to turn red. She would never admit it but ever since she got to know Jake better, she's been feeling weird around him. Like every time he talks to Hailey, she feels like he could be talking to her. She felt like that with Sean before but the feeling faded away.

Jake decided to let go of the hug and tried to get the blush off his face. Sure he likes Daisy for as long as he remembers, ever since Primary even, but he knew he didn't have a chance with her. She's too out of high league, at least that's what his past self thought. In Daisy's head, she sighed and was internally panicking, the guy who she always considered her best friend hugged her and she's feeling some sort of blood rushing to her face.

"Jake, wanna get ice cream later?" Daisy asked, looking at him before turning around to see the rest of the band. Jake replied with a nod and the two just looked at each other and smiled. It's nice to just hang out with your...best friend...