Sleepy Proposal

It's been a while since the two boys had some time alone, cuddling each other in bed. Sure it's been years since the band competition and the two were living together but there's something on both Luke and Zander's minds. Jake and Hailey recently came out that the two were engaged and despite Zander's grudge, he's happy that his sister is happy.

The thing about Luke, when he gets excited, he can't fall asleep. He wants to do it sooner but his boyfriend was still sleeping. It was nearly morning so Luke decided that now it's a perfect time. He stopped cuddling Zander, which made Zander whine quite a bit in his sleep. The lack of warmth quickly made Zander wake up slightly.

"Luke, what's going on?" Zander quickly sat up, rubbing his eyes. Sure Zander was waiting for a moment to get the ring out but he wasn't going to do it when his boyfriend is half-asleep. Luke, however, had other plans.

"Well, something's just been on my mind the entire night, and I really want to give it to you," Luke responded making Zander look confused. Sure he doesn't mind a gift but why give it at the crack of dawn? Luke could tell that this boyfriend was still half asleep so this might be a nice surprise.

"Is it a gift? If so you can always give it later..." Zander trailed off slightly before he could fall back asleep, he felt something grab his hand. "What is it, Luke?"

"Well, it's been years since we've confessed to each other, we may have some fights but nothing is perfect. You're my first and only love and I have to say this, will you marry me?" Luke said, making Zander feel the heat rising up to his cheeks. Luke had a beautiful golden ring in his hand, making Zander freeze.

"Of course Luke...can we get back to cuddling now?" Zander responded before his head landed right back onto the pillow. It seems that he was still half asleep. Luke smiled, put the ring on Zander's ring finger and the two went back to sleep.

~~~

Bonus:

"LUKE?! HOW COULD YOU PROPOSE TO ME WHEN I'M HALF ASLEEP," Zander yelled making Luke laugh. It's been a few hours since Luke proposed and Zander was fully awake. He was enraged because he wanted to propose to Luke but Luke beat him to the chase.

"Well, I didn't want to wake you up fully, besides you were craving cuddles," Luke replied making Zander's face turn slightly red. The two then started to laugh a bit.

They may have fights every now and then but the two remained strong. It's rare for a high school relationship to go this far but it is possible.

~~~

A/N: GUESS WHAT PEEPS, I'M ALIVE. I THINK IDK. I was inspired by a very cute comic on Instagram with one of my current favourite ships (Yogurt Cream x Lilac from Cookie Run) so I had to make a one-shot with this trope. It's too cute to not do. Thank you for those who still stick with me for some reason, despite my inactivity.