24: 𝚐𝚘𝚕𝚍

The, now, group of six all sat in the campervan, the blue sky now turning dark as they made their way to the Crain house. All six teenagers wore black clothing to blend in with the darkness so they wouldn't be seen by anyone.

As John B drove, the group continued listing out the stuff they had. Eventually, they found themselves parking right in front of the Crain house. Sharing words, they hop out, the three girls being the first one's to climb over the locked gate in front of the house.

Quietly, the teenagers made their way through the many trees and bushes around the Crain house, flashlights in hand so they could see around them. As they had slowly got closer to the basement they were last at, they all came to a halt when they found themselves in front of the house, the porch lights suddenly turning on. Curses leaving their mouths, they all dive down behind some bushes, turning off their flashlights.

"Okay, so she has motion sensor lights." Pope observes.

"We could, uh... move really slowly, maybe?" JJ suggests with uncertainty.

"Yeah, that's not how it works." Pope replies.

"Oh, shit. Let's throw a rock at it." John B suggests.

"That's a really good idea. Let the axe murderer know that we're here." Kie sarcastically comments.

"Throw a rock at it?" Pope repeats in disbelief.

"You guys have a better idea?" John B fires back.

"Literally anything but that." Kie replies.

"What about the breaker? In the circuit box on the porch." Sarah speaks up. "We used to play hide-and-seek here as kids. And if we were brave enough, we'd go all the way up to the porch. I've seen it. I can go."

"Crain chops people into pieces." JJ recalls.

"If you believe that, but she's like what, eighty-five? She's probably barely still kicking." Sarah states.

"Here. I'll go with you." Y/n offers.

Kie nods. "Me too."

"Okay, we'll wait for your signal." Pope informs.

"Hey! Be safe." John B whispers, looking at his girlfriend.

"We will." Y/n assures.

And with that, the three girls walk off, their flashlights turning on. Sarah leads the way through the bushes and trees, soon finding themselves getting closer to the porch. Quietly, they walk up the steps, stopping right in front of the circuit box. Kiara opens it, but the breakers weren't there.

"Where are the breakers?" Sarah asks in a whisper.

"What is this?" Kie adds.

"Shit. It goes inside." Y/n observes.

All three of them slowly look up, Sarah aiming her flashlight at the wall, seeing the pipe connected to the circuit lead the way inside the house. Exchanging a look, Kie slowly opens the small door gate, then twisting the handle of the door, the three hesitantly walking in.

The girls shined their flashlights around, making sure to walk quietly. All of them jump when a cat hissing is heard and the sound of glass, but continue their way forward. Kie grabs the other twos attention as she points upwards at the pipe, knowing they were going the right way.

Walking into a room, they turn to their right, sighing in relief upon seeing the breakers sitting on the wall. Sarah and Y/n shine their flashlights at it as they watch Kie turn them off, making sure to be quiet. A small light from behind them turns off, signaling Kiara had done that.