7: 𝚐𝚎𝚝𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚐𝚘𝚕𝚍 𝚋𝚊𝚌𝚔

The chirps of birds in the Bahamas were loud, the crickets chirping while the flying insects buzzed past people's ears, not giving a care about what was going on. As the sun was shining high up in the sky, John B and Y/n could be seen somewhere together, no Terrance, Cleo or Stubbs around at the moment. John B rested his elbows on his bare knees as he watched Y/n look down at the phone they had gotten, waiting to hear anything back from their Kook friend.

Earlier, Y/n had called Sarah Cameron in hopes of her helping out about the deal she had made with Terrance and the others and the blonde agreed to help out. When Sarah texted a picture to the number she had called, Y/n's eyes lit up a bit as she looked at the text before looking at her boyfriend ahead of her.

"We're on." Y/n tells him.

John B nods, a nervous expression on his face. "Okay. I guess we're doing this. I mean, armed robbery. I'm cool with it, but are you sure?"

"From what I've seen, Ward is the type of guy to always get what he wants. People always do what he says and don't even bother to listen to someone else's side of the story. And it's because their scared of him." Y/n realizes as she sits down in front of the brunette, resting her hand on his. "After you told me what happened to your dad with Ward, I realized that your dad is probably the only one to never listen to what Ward says because he isn't scared of him like everyone else. JB, this is for him and Sheriff Peterkin and you and me."

Nodding in response, the brunette raises her hand, pressing a soft kiss on the back of her knuckles before they found themselves heading to where the others were, starting to discuss their plan.

A computer sat in front of them on a table where Terrance was sitting at, the map they had to know where to go when so they could get the gold before it goes on the plane that Ward seemed to plan to take off after Sarah sent her a picture of it. After figuring out where to go as there were only two roads near their destination that they could go to, they were coming up with a distraction and who goes where.

"So, all we need now is some kind of distraction, like a detour." Y/n states.

"I can help with that." Cleo assures, swinging her pocket knife in her hand.

The e/c eyed girl looks to her, her e/c eyes meeting her brown ones as the black haired girl gives Y/n a wink with a tiny smirk on her face. Y/n couldn't help but smile, thinking the mischievousness in her reminded her of her older brother and kind of herself just a bit.

***

The island of Nassau, Bahamas was crowded with the civilians who lived on the island, shopping at the stands for food or drinks with the money they had on them at the moment. The sun was slowly looking like it was setting as it shined down on the civilians.

Walking side by side together as they took a break from the planning they were doing earlier with the boys, Cleo and Y/n found themselves walking in the small town, acting normal like every single person around them as they made conversation with one another, trying to get to know each other better, considering they were the only females in the group they were with.

"How you go from living a normal life to living in the street dodging coppers?" Cleo asks.

"Well, I didn't really have a normal life. I kind of already was running from the cops, it just wasn't as bad since we would only mess around and the security and stuff would chase us. And my dad would... He would, um, hit me and my brother. Still does. But, I guess I... fell in love." Y/n explains, shrugging her shoulders.

"Big mistake. Only got yourself to blame for that one." Cleo points out, receiving a nod. "It's better not to care."

"What about you? How'd you hook up with Captain T?" Y/n questions.