14: 𝚑𝚘𝚝𝚎𝚕

The sun now fully up in the sky, the Pogues found themselves sitting in the HMS Pogue together with their bathing suits. Y/n sat beside John B, his arm wrapped around her shoulders as he drove.

JJ suddenly whistles. "You guys see that?" All of them follow his gaze, seeing a boat heading the other way from them, going to pass. "That's the Malibu 24-MXZ, the world's finest wakesetter. Number one in luxury, quality, and performance. 200k, easy."

"We picked the wrong parents." Pope comments.

"I hate to break it to you guys, but that's Topper and his girlfriend." Kie informs.

As the boat gets closer, the four other teenagers see that Kiara was, in fact, correct upon seeing Topper and his girlfriend, Sarah Cameron on the other boat. John B rolls his eyes, looking straight ahead as he didn't want anything to do with the Kooks.

Y/n saw this and rested her hand on his hand that rested on her shoulder, squeezing it. The boy glances at her, a smile growing on his face before lifting his palm upwards, now fully holding her hand as he intertwined their fingers together.

From afar on the other boat, Sarah had lifted up her sunglasses, her eyes landing on the two. A small smile grew on her face as she watched their interaction. Even though neither of them were friends, Sarah had actually been nice to the Maybank girl before, and still was.

"You don't have to act like you don't see us, bitch." Kie comments as the two boats pass one another.

***

The group of friends now all sat in the campervan together as John B drove to the hotel, full of Kooks, basically making it obvious that there were Pogues here. John B stopped the vehicle once they made it to the front of the hotel that they were only there for, for the internet for John B's dad's map.

"Alright, keep a look out. We're behind enemy lines." JJ says as he pulls the gun out of the glovebox.

"Yo, come on, man. Just put it back." John B instructs.

"What? You can never be too careful." JJ states.

"Hey, I predict that bringing a weapon to a four-star hotel will likely cause more problems than they solve." Pope informs.

"Thank you, Pope." John B says.

"I swear to God, I'm gonna throw that thing in the ocean, JJ." Kie warns.

"Put it back." Y/n demands, narrowing her eyes slightly on her older brother.

John B proceeds to reach forward, grabbing ahold of the gun before tossing it back into the glovebox. As they all hop out, JJ quickly grabs his badge for the hotel before he starts to lead the way.

As they walked, John B instantly grabbed Y/n's hand, intertwining their fingers together. Smiles appear on their faces as the Routledge boy swings their hands back and forth. JJ leads his four friends into the hotel, finding themselves walking through the kitchen.

"Mama L, good to see you!" JJ greets, passing an old woman.

The blonde goes to reach for a piece of food she was making, only for his hand to get slapped away. Y/n glances over at John B, who stood right beside her, seeing his eyes were wide as he stared down at the meal in front of the woman.

The group of five continue walking through the kitchen, then finding themselves walking through an empty hallway where JJ soon, sneakily opens the door to the computer room, letting his friends inside. In excitement, Pope is the first to jog over to a computer, immediately sitting down in front of it as his friends stand around him.