𝐟𝐚𝐦𝐢𝐥𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐚𝐢𝐭𝐬

❤︎ ❤︎ ❤︎

A family portrait can say a thousand words, even if it's just one picture. Tradition for the Vanderbilt family is to take there annual family portraits that are sent out in the christmas cards to the company, friends, and distant family. Usually it's taken in the beginning of November but this year it was being taken December 1st, perfect timing as the New York elites all scheduled photoshoots at the Kykuit estate, owned by the Vanderbilts but they've let photographer, Annie Lebowitz, use it for photoshoots, and it's become a historic attraction for tourist.

So, that brings us to today, December 1st, the entirety of the Vanderbilt family is in close proximity to Westchester, New York for this years photoshoot, meaning Vivian, Dylan, and Alexa where all back in one of there childhood homes.

"How long has it been since all three of us have been back here at the same time, and in our childhood bedrooms?" Vivian questioned as she ate some breakfast. "I think when we we're really young," Dylan answered blatantly. "Correction, I was like 6, Vivian was 14, and Dylan was 17," Alexa told them as she remembered the last time they where all present in the home for the same reason as they were now.

"Hey, has either or us gotten the schedule for today?" Alexa now questioned. "Mom said it should've been emailed by now last night," Vivian said and like clockwork, a email came through to all of them from there mother's assistant with the time they should be at Kykuit estate to have them get prepped for self portraits and family portraits. "Great timing I'd say," Dylan said as he read through the email.

"It says here we should be leaving in a hour to be there," Alexa told them as they both nodded and quickly finished breakfast then going to there old bedrooms. Alexa's room hadn't changed since she last stayed there, her bedroom was painted a baby pink color with fairy light hung around the room and big canopy bed in the middle with purple fairy lights around the poles where the curtains where, on one side there was her white vanity from when she was younger and on the other there was a little sitting area with a tv and shelf with books from when she'd sit there and read, right next to the tv was the doors that led to a balcony that had a table with two chairs and lights strung around the actual balcony area.

She didn't bother with makeup since she knew the staff working the event would be doing hair and makeup so she took the outfits her mother had gotten for each of her children and changed out of her pajamas into black lululemon leggings, the lululemon define jacket, along with the super puff from aritzia with ugg's and grabbed her bag that had all the things she'd need like her laptop, some books, script and chargers to look over while sitting in hair and makeup.

"Cars here," She heard dylan say from downstairs as she grabbed her sunglasses and headed downstairs to see the black suv outside waiting for them, so she followed behind violet as dylan locked the house and they walked into the snow and got in when the driver opened the door for them then left to the estate. "Why did they decide to do this when it's like 14° outside?" Alexa questioned as she scrolled through emails on her phone. "We don't know." Dylan replied.

The car ride to the estate was about a hour and a half so all the siblings went on there laptops to look over legal documents to do with the family company and the annual christmas charity ball which Rafael had been throwing since he took over the company, this was the second year Dylan, Vivian, and Alexa had helped him with the planning process.

When they got to the estate they quickly went inside to avoid getting snowed on and walked into the estate full of multiple wealthy families, photographers, lighting equipment, makeup artist, and hairstylist all around getting everyone ready for there portraits. "Oh god you kids made it, go to our usual room and that's where you'll get hair and makeup done," Adriana said as soon as she saw her children, hair rollers in her hair and bright red lips. All of them listened to the instructions of there mother and made there way to the room while some personal stylist brought in there outfits for the pictures.