Chapter 9: The End At Last!

________________________________________________________________________________

(Recap)

Last Time, on Dragon Ball R!

The fight against Napa had begun! Nappa's first target was the blonde brawler, Yang. Yang went to block Nappa's oncoming attack, only to loose her arm in the process! Cardin and Velvet went for the attack, only to be beaten back. While Nappa was distracted fighting Cardin, Velvet had latched onto Nappa from behind. Nappa attempted to break free of Velvet's grasp, but failed. Using all of her Ki, Velvet said a heartfelt goodbye to Cardin, before blowing herself up. To everyone's shock, Nappa wasn't even scratched! Enraged, Cardin attacked Nappa in a blind rage. Until he used all of his Ki and Life force into a Super Kamehameha! Again, it had no effect. Unfortunately, the strain this caused Cardin's body was too much, and he died where he stood. Jaune then cried out for Oren to help them. When Vegeta heard, he finally realized that Oren was actually Tato, his little brother. Vegeta has given everyone three hours to wait for Oren. Will Oren make it in time?

(Play 1:02)

The End At Last!

________________________________________________________________________________

An hour had passed, and two more remained. Both parties were clearly agitated, but neither made a move. Nappa was more agitated than everyone else.

"Grr! I'm sick of standing here! Why do we have to wait for Tato?" Nappa whispered in annoyance.

Vegeta still sat upon the rock when the three hours started. He even put back on his scouter to act as a timer.

"Because Nappa, this is personal. While I harbor no love for my weakling of a brother, I still wish to persuade him to join us. However, Fasha will still face punishment for betraying the Saiyan race. After we've gotten the Namekian to spill everything he knows about the Dragon Balls, he'll be of no use to us. Then, I'll deal with that traitorous bitch personally!" Vegeta explained.

"But, what if Tato won't join us?" Nappa asked.

Vegeta took a deep breath.

"Then he'll die a traitor's death!" Vegeta said quietly.

"But, before he get's here, I want him to remember his Saiyan roots. And that mean's killing every single one of his so called 'friends'.  Beating Tato into submission will teach him what it means to be a Saiyan." Vegeta quietly explained.

After hearing Vegeta's plan, Nappa's eyes and smile widened. However, before he could say anything vegeta stopped him.

"Now hold on Nappa, there's one more thing. See the girl with the short black hair and red highlights?" Vegeta said.

"Yeah, what about-" Nappa cut himself off as he stared at her silver eyes.

"V-Vegeta, I-Is she..." Nappa said.

"An Akulari, yes. Strange, I thought they all died when they destroyed their own planet during their civil War." Vegeta answered.

Nappa began to feel giddy with excitement. The Akulari were said to be excellent warriors, and to test his power on one felt like a godsend to the hardened veteran.