9.

The crowd was charmed by him

The crowd was charmed by him. Well, except four people. Zoe and Rainee were just plain shocked but then shrugged it off. Kilian is exhibiting an unreadable expression. Lastly, Kana. He's just shocked that this ex of his will be working with his team.

He can't blame his aunt though. The woman doesn't know anything. Gaining his composure, he picked up his glass of water and drink.

When Ms. M and Derek went down from the stage, they headed to their table. Pleasantries were observed. Derek then turned his way,

"Hi, Kanatha. It's good to see you again." Derek said full smile.

Kana just looked at him. The others noticed the tension between them.

"You guys know each other?" Martha asked

"Yes. Way back in college." Kana answered his senior. Derek smiled at him.

"We're actually ex-lovers." Derek said making the others realizes why there's tension between them.

On the other hand where Kana's team are...

"He's charming." Ali said

"He is. But that's it." Zoe replied.

"Why you sound like you know him?" Carl asked

"Because we do." Rainee answered this time. They got confused.

"He's Kana's ex." Kilian answered their confusion.

Their eyes went wide and they turned to Zoe and Rainee for confirmation.

"Oh, my." Ali said. They all glanced at Kilian.

"So, this is the reason he came back." Zoe said

"I thought he's just here for vacation." Rainee responded.

"You guys knew he's back?" Jayce asked. Kilian is also curious.

"Yeah. We bumped into him the other day at the mall. Well, it was Kana who he bumped into with." Zoe told them.

"They met?" Kilian asked. Why Kana didn't mention it to him? That's his question inside his head.

"Hey, don't think too much. It was a coincidence. Kana was on his phone and we are asking him about you two when he bumped into someone that turns out to be him." Zoe explained. They are afraid that it'll spoil the growing relationship of their friend.

Kilian chuckled... "It's okay. I trust my man. By the way, we have a flight to Seattle tomorrow morning, if Kana looked for me, tell him I'm waiting for him in the car." He said before excusing himself.

At that moment, Derek saw him, and since Kana is talking to Ms.M, he followed him outside.

********