twenty-four

LIGHTS UP
twenty-four | ❝Nothing to lose.❞

                EXASPERATED RAGE runs hot through his body

He's barely aware of anything else at the moment. Not the way his feet are leading him away without his command, abandoning his friends behind. Not the way that even his steps are much too fast-paced, much too jagged, also exuding anger. Not the way he can hear his name being continuously called behind him— Only on the deep, smoldering rage that's got him seized tightly.

"Wes," JJ also sounds irritated as he follows him. His impatient tone makes Wes' jaw clench. "Wes."

Wes doesn't turn back to him. He keeps walking, huffing indignantly. He can't believe him. Genuinely. It's impossible for Wes to understand how the hell JJ could even consider doing what he just tried to do. How could he be so careless—?

"Hey!" JJ hisses, voice growing more and more frustrated.

Wes feels him reach a hand out to grasp onto his shoulder and try to stop him, but Wes immediately shrugs him off.

For the first time ever, his touch feels wrong.

"What the fuck, Wesley?!" JJ finally lashes out, voice strained with aggravation. He footsteps come to a stop, and he exhales sharply.

Wes halts his steps, but he doesn't turn to him yet. Resentment clouds his thoughts. He's so angry, and the fact that JJ is acting so clueless as to why, like he isn't entirely aware, is only making it worse.

"What the hell was that?" He asks finally, his voice pulsing as he tries to keep it steady. "Hm?" He turns then, finally looking at JJ, tilting his head at him in a incredulous manor. "Please- explain to me what the fuck that was."

JJ's jaw sets, exhaling deeply as he breaks his eyes away. "It was the only chance at an out that we had."

Wes is shaking his head, inwardly seething as he shuts his eyes in disbelief. JJ can't be serious. He can't. There aren't many times in which Wes utterly fails to understand the boy- but this, right now- what the fuck.

"God- do you, do you hear yourself? That wasn't a way out, JJ, that was a death wish. A suicide— fuck," Wes can feel the way he's beginning to tremble with anger, but he tries to swallow it down, his breaths frustrated and uneven. "What- What was the idea? Shoot at a bunch of cops? No, wait- sorry, my mistake- shoot at a bunch of fully armed cops, and also, feds?"

JJ shakes his head, a tempestuous expression on his face that darkens his features. Wes can see the way he's got his jaw clenched, the way he's growing red with anger. "I don't know! Maybe! We had to take a stand- they just took John B from us! We needed to do something!"